Home > Trip Reports > February 15, 2004, Snoqualmie Pass

February 15, 2004, Snoqualmie Pass

2/15/04
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by powscraper on 2/16/04 9:26am
I was graced by the comraderie of several well-traveled BC skiers for a nice little trip into the land of "where did the rest of the world go" for a great day of low visibility BC skiing (boarding in my case).  We started out at Snoqualmie Pass and headed in a direction and upward.  I am stuck with cursed snowshoes until I can get ahold of a good and reliable splitboard, so I stamped along furiously behind the skin track while my buddies mercifully waited.  We finally emerged onto a ridge, and skiied a gentle north-facing couloir ending at a lake.  The snow here was several inches of average powder over the old ice crust.  After crossing the lake we skiied another small slope before returning to the valley floor, where I was once again obliged to get my sink on.

A photo from near the end of the climb:

Ok so I admit that I do have a better idea of where we were, but as my skier buddies explained to me, it's really such a bad area and there's so much better stuff around that it would be kind of mean to tell people about it.

I have a more detailed TR here (still no skiing pics though):
http://www.neolectric.com/~justin/NWframe.html
Yeah Justin, you suck.  And you revealed our secret stash, butthead.  I hate you.
I'll admit, I did describe something more like going straight up Snoqualmie Mountain, and then took you on a multi-lake tour.  The classic bait and switch!
I couldn't bring Panama because he attacks snowboarders.  He is a vechthond the moment he sees one of your knuckle-dragging ilk.  He stayed home for your safety.
Love,
Sky
PS- MW8888888 you da man.  Get on down wit cha bad self.

My dog has had the same reaction - it has made touring from the Mt Baker ski area a challenge when we get a late start. Same thing with anyone in uniform too. Smart dogs.

I am glad you had fun Justin. We'll have to take you back out when you can actually see some scenery.

Justin - with some good advice (thanks!), I removed my harsh remarks about your snowshoeing.  I'm finding that posts are a very inefficient way to express opinions as the whole story can't be expressed without 5,000 word dissertations.  Sorry if I sounded mean, I certainly don't want to put a damper on your skiing experience.

Now I'm REALLY confused...

What did I miss?

MW8888888's original reply to your post is now gone...

Too bad, turns-all-year was starting to have almost as much drama as ttips!

And you revealed our secret stash, butthead.  I hate you.

Yeah, my bad.  I just hope they don't check those coords..

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, we were getting ready to ski, and that Sky dude was all "check me out I'm rippin!" and then proceeded to sideslip the entire couloir, ruining all of the nice powder.  We asked why he wasn't good enough to jump turn or whatever, and he was like "chill yo, 180's and s**t are for you punkass snowboarders..."

or something like that.  Granted, my ears continued to bear a powdery burden long after my stylish indie fakie fakie half-backflip 240, so I had to fill in some blanks.

I guess for those who missed out - and I expressed this to the author of this post - my rants are best served chilled, in person, and with heavy powder on a skin track climb up a big peak.  My original post sent a bad vibe that I didn't intend.

Only my friends should fall victom to my opinionated self, not you, dear reader.

Reply to this TR

february-15-2004-snoqualmie-pass
powscraper
2004-02-16 17:26:49