Home > Trip Reports > Part 4 - Mt. Bachelor - 2.20.09

Part 4 - Mt. Bachelor - 2.20.09

2/15/09
OR elsewhere
Posted by Stugie on 2/22/09 7:03am
With the long approaches taking there toll on our feet, we nixed our final plans of driving to Sisters to hit the North and Middle Sister.  Instead, since Dan's feet were in horrible condition, we decided to knock off Bachelor quick since we were there, and head home.  Kyle made the summit in 1.5 hrs, and I met him about 15 minutes later.  We had a great last 3000' run in Oregon, loaded the car, and left by noon.  Here are some last photos...

Bachelor

The Sisters and Broken Top from Bachelor summit.

Kyle dropping.
What a great trip report, Stugie.  I've cross country skied out of Dutchman's Flats, lift skied at Bachelor, and looked longingly at Broken Top from the Bachelor Summit.  Almost every one of  your pictures brought back some memory, or fueled the lust to get back down there...  I really enjoyed your whole series.  Thanks!

Sounds like the noisy smoky snomos were a blessing at times.  I guess we shouldn't ever burn all our bridges, ;) eh?

author=Rusty Knees link=topic=12419.msg51989#msg51989 date=1235504121]
Sounds like the noisy smoky snomos were a blessing at times.  I guess we shouldn't ever burn all our bridges, ;) eh?

Thanks Rusty Knees.  Yeah, had it not been for the snomos, we would have been in a lot more pain, that's for sure!  I am having new realizations of sled access for sure...

Glad he pics could bring back some nostalgia.  This is definitely the start of a beautiful relationship with those mountains down there...

Reply to this TR

part-4-mt-bachelor-2-20-09
Stugie
2009-02-22 15:03:23