Home > Forum > Need Dynafit Comfort info

Need Dynafit Comfort info

• wooley12
  • [wooley12]
More
20 Feb 2009 15:57 #186032 by wooley12
Need Dynafit Comfort info was created by wooley12
Need some info about Dynafit comforts. I bought some online from Creigslist. They were mounted on skis so I am assuming I won't get any info, just a box of pieces. I have never seen this binding off of a ski so I'm not sure of all of the parts that should be there. I plan on mounting myself as I have mounted 20 or so binding before. Plenty of info about mounting them on the internet (Wildsnow.com etc ) but can anyone direct me to a parts diagram or a listing of all of the parts?

Thanks

Wooley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steadyski
  • [steadyski]
More
20 Feb 2009 16:10 #186033 by steadyski
Replied by steadyski on topic Re: Need Dynafit Comfort info
I think Wildsnow is the place to look. Dawson has how-to for disassembling the heel unit.

greg

More
20 Feb 2009 16:19 #186034 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: Need Dynafit Comfort info
If the seller just pulls them off of skis there is no reason to dis-assemble the heel assembly. So you should just be looking for the toe assembly, the heel assembly and the brakes (if included). I would also bargain hard for the screws (to the point of reducing the price if they are not all included) as they are fairly unique. If you need replacements you likely need to get them from a local shop that sells the bindings or from dynafit.

• wooley12
  • [wooley12]
More
20 Feb 2009 18:26 #186035 by wooley12
Replied by wooley12 on topic Re: Need Dynafit Comfort info
Thanks for the info. Well, I told him to include the screws and all of the parts, lets hope he does. The local Dynafit shop is 6 hours to the east and 18 hours to the west. What is unique about the screws? I'm a pretty handy guy and I've mounted tons of XC and Alpine bindings with the pozidrive screws. If thats what you are talking about local ski shops should have some. Still would like to see a parts list with sizes. I've got "new" older Shuksans from Snoqualmie Pass in my basement shop with their first coat of base wax cooling. The Scarpas from Idaho and the Dynafits from Bellingham coming Friday via UPS. And "she who must be obeyed" is leaving me alone on Saturday so I'm rarin' to go. But I've made enough mistakes in my life rushing things and don't want to goof this up. After I get them mounted, I gotta learn how to put them on and take them off.

• Andrew Carey
  • [acarey]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
20 Feb 2009 18:34 #186036 by Andrew Carey
Replied by Andrew Carey on topic Re: Need Dynafit Comfort info
as stated above www.wildsnow.com is the place to look for any and all info on Dyanfits; I also followed instructions on that site to mount my Freeride Plus bindings. (except I grabbed my JB Weld by mistake instead of my expoy ...).

More
20 Feb 2009 23:04 #186039 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: Need Dynafit Comfort info
Like Ron says, there is little likelihood that the heels will be disassembled. Just make sure to follow Lou's instructions on Wildsnow.com and you should have no problem. The part about doing the toe first and screwing the screws in one at a time if need be to center the heel is important.

It's nice to center the heel in the adjustment range before you mount them up, in case you need to move them. You will need the 6mm gap tool (or digital calipers) to set the gap properly between boot and heelpiece.

There isn't really anything to take apart in the toe - just mount them up and spray some silicone under the arms. It's not a bad idea to take the lateral release spring apart at the heel and inspect the bushing (instructions on Wildsnow.com as well) and re-grease the assembly. The heel pins aren't really a "moving" part, but if you want to take the top plate off make sure you have the adjusting screw all the way out before you undo the Torxx screws - if you don't, the parts will fly everywhere. Dynafits are very simple mechanisms - if you take them apart slowly, it is quite obvious where all the stuff goes.

Best of luck, and enjoy the learning curve!

• wooley12
  • [wooley12]
More
21 Feb 2009 08:23 #186041 by wooley12
Thanks Greg. Just learned that the screws were sent and that the silver ones are for the toe and the black are for the heel. Anyone know the correct drill size? I've always just eyeballed the diameter of the width of the screw without the threads and added a bit of epoxy.
Attachments:

More
21 Feb 2009 08:59 #186042 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: Need Dynafit Comfort info
Most people say 4.1mm for skis with metal in the topsheet and 3.6mm for skis without.  Nice to tap the holes before putting the screws in, too, though you can just run a screw in and out first before mounting the bindings.

tognar.com/binding_tools_boot_canting_glue_ski_snowboard.html

PS  Somtimes all the screws are black, but the heel ones have a thicker head to accomodate the thicker baseplate

• Kneel Turner
  • [Kneel Turner]
More
21 Feb 2009 10:21 #186043 by Kneel Turner
Replied by Kneel Turner on topic Re: Need Dynafit Comfort info
I knew it! Dyna-fites ski in jeans.

• wooley12
  • [wooley12]
More
21 Feb 2009 18:36 #186044 by wooley12
That kid in the backpack skied the east face of McClellan Butte from the summit in his Dynafits.
I was just out for a quick moonlight XC tour and didn't bother to put on my stitched crease, polyester stretch pants.