Home > Trip Reports > 2.16.09 - Chair Circumnav

2.16.09 - Chair Circumnav

2/15/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by powtothepeople on 2/17/09 3:31am
Cory, Shadow, and I made our first circumnav of Chair Peak yesterday. I have since been testing my computer skills by trying to resize some photos, should have been simple I know. Great use of Presidents Day and pleasantly surprised all around. The climb to Bryant Col was OK, skinning below the Scott bowl was better than last week, and we booted two sections to the col. Ski down to Melakwa was variable winter snow, crusty to 10-inches. Isolated slabs near cliffs skiers right (small terrain features) <4 inches. Climb to the Melakwa pass was windy and skinning the last 400-feet was a test (now I know what ski crampons are for). Ski to Chair Lake was wind battered, but smooth and fun. The chutes down to Snow Lake were awesome (10+inches, soft), minor sloughs (thought there would have been more). We skied the main drainage down and bailed left towards the bottom, but would be doable with another foot (or if motivated ). Snow on the North side of the Snow Lake divide looked good, but beer was the only thing on our minds at that point.

Good times.

Reply to this TR

2-16-09-chair-circumnav
powtothepeople
2009-02-17 11:31:08