Home > Trip Reports > February 8, 2004, Skyline Ridge

February 8, 2004, Skyline Ridge

2/8/04
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Don_B on 2/8/04 7:12am
A foot of really nice powder north side of Stevens Pass. Forecast: light showers early, clearing and partly sunny later. Actual: steady snow showers to noon, fog and clouds later. Snow stayed perfect.  Maybe this is the secret tour with all the secret stashes nobody is writing or hinting about but bringing their new friends to. It was pretty well tracked by Sunday morning. Still fun.
hey Don, I was out there as well at the super secret stash this wknd.  i dont know how all those other people (50 snowshoers, 10 ski parties, boarders, walkers, solo dogs) found out about it.  must be the web, eh?

luckily i still managed 3 laps in untracked powder.

Maybe we talked. I was going up to meet some scouts camped at the lake, then skiing with one of the dads. We got in 2 laps, finding untracked, but with one of mine ending up following down a snowshoers track into a steep thicket of firs, taking off skis and postholing up to my waist.  >:(  for a stretch.

We were there on Saturday and it was nice. Saw the scouts at the lake and spent the day in the bowls to the north. Sunday we were busy with ski lessons given to us by Steve Hindman.

Reply to this TR

february-8-2004-skyline-ridge
Don_B
2004-02-08 15:12:14