Home > Forum > CHEECHACKO PICKING BRAINS . . .

CHEECHACKO PICKING BRAINS . . .

• oraibi
  • [oraibi]
More
01 Feb 2004 03:55 #168846 by oraibi
CHEECHACKO PICKING BRAINS . . . was created by oraibi
greetings snow freaks!<br><br>this be my first posting here . . . howdy<br><br>am currently residing in the midwest usa and probing a move to the mountains<br><br>just returned from a tour of southern BC and was impressed with the mountians and wilderness there but have some questions/concerns about the econcomy and working conditions in canada and was wondering if anyone would be interested in offering opinions re: their favorite mtns in the usa<br><br>since i've been scouting and travelling alone i've been sticking mostly to the ski hills with occasional snowshoeing treks to get away from the crowds<br><br>i am drawn to the backcountry and find the whole ski hill scene a bit much for me at times . . .<br><br>but in recognition of the inherent dangers and my lack of experience/partners it seems like the most logical way to approach the backcountry is to get my butt out there and start learning and meeting folks<br><br>i've learned to ride on ice here in the midwest (and have the broken bones to show for it) so my chops are pretty good, i love powder, life is short and im getting older and more than ever before i have this growing desire to be in the mtns by next winter<br><br>so thanks for any feedback . . . i appreciate it . . .<br><br>your low pressure pal<br><br>~oraibi<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.