Home > Trip Reports > North Shore pebble wrestling soul search-Jan 19/09

North Shore pebble wrestling soul search-Jan 19/09

1/15/09
Posted by Mtraslin on 1/29/09 4:53pm
Why do we climb and ski?What is it out there,what pushes us,the thrill,ego,or the anticipation of the first turn.I do not have the answer,sometimes just being there in the moment is enough.One thing I know is when I come back to the real world I feel calm and revitalized.Passed on from my parents the mountains run deep in my blood and soul,sometimes they provide the only answer in the this fast paced world we now live in.Along with my brother and others I have pushed my abilities on many mountains in Alaska,BC,Washington,
California,Montana,Wyoming,Alberta,Europe,South America,and little parts in between.Something about the local mountains still bring joy to my heart.Like the other day when I saw two young bucks riding there old clunker mountain bikes up Seymour with snowboards and skis on there backs.Why were they doing it,who knows,it sure looked like fun.And judging by the looks on there faces all the worries of the world were gone,it just looked simple in a complicated world.It brought me back twenty years,when I used to ride my mountain bike with my skis on my back.I was not trying to prove anything,I just needed a way to get to the hill,that just happend to be my form of transportation.What I started realizing even at a young age is how pure the outdoor experience can be in this form.

photos Andy Traslin/ Mike Traslin

http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29648

Reply to this TR

north-shore-pebble-wrestling-soul-search-jan-19-09
Mtraslin
2009-01-30 00:53:29