Home > Trip Reports > January 25, 2009. The Tent, BC.

January 25, 2009. The Tent, BC.

1/15/09
Canada BC
Posted by ema on 1/26/09 4:33am
After having a skookum ski here in 2006, some hosers and I grabbed our toques and snow machines, stopped off at the beer store, had a soak in the jacooz, and moseyed up the 20 clicks to Brohm Ridge. Naturally phenomenal views, eh? Skookum snow in the North facing area at the end of Brohm. I was glad I only had spent an hour or so at the peeler bar with the Red Bull girls the night before. A couple of brutal slab sliders (120 cm. deep) had released with the 2-strokers, presumably during a gong show while they were flexing their Molson muscle. Snow ranged from wind buffed transported powder to icy sastrugi. It seemed that the sledders respected the Garibaldi Park boundary, so no kerfuffle's here, eh? The glass-ee-a was broken up good; only a-bout a meter and a half blanket, eh? Couple of crossings, but no one fell on their arse. Moseyed up to The Tent (2465 Meters) from the Garibaldi/Tent Col. Didn't like the looks of the Garibaldi proper, eh? Mainly 'cuz I had visions of the two-four back in my banger.
Another shot for the lower slopes, which skied well.

Boot top powder eh! You hosers got some good conditions!
After a skookum toor like that you need a coople of pork pies from Timmie's eh!

You've become a slave to the machine.

That was a pretty funny report.  I read it a second time and it started to make sense!

That is now the funniest thing I've read all day.

Dude,

You forgot to mention your tribute to Helix on top of the Tent......"Rock You"!!!!

Helix is a keener, fer sure, eh? The best documentation of a ski burning sacrifice party EVER!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_oBjinZQ7k

That Helix will bring the snee!

Pffff, Helix

You guys have a lot to learn about being Canadian. It's all about Glass Tiger!

My friends were in the area and got some video of you guys rocking out on the summit. Check the video at about 2 minutes in...I think you'll see Toby...all that sled exhaust must have gone to his head...and his hair...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=baePtrxw_08

Darn Yankees

Holy Chowder...... I totally didn't believe Toby when he said he was in a music video on top of what he called the "Table".  Never again will I enter the Garibaldi Provincial Park without having Glass Tiger scarred into my memory.

samoon

Reply to this TR

january-25-2009-the-tent-bc
ema
2009-01-26 12:33:06