Home > Trip Reports > Jan 25, 2009, Silver Peak

Jan 25, 2009, Silver Peak

1/25/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by md2020 on 1/25/09 10:20am

Brenda and I took a trip up to the Pass today with the expectations of at least getting some exercise. No season pass this year so we were unaided by the lifts. Climbed to Grand Junction then down Rockdale and on to Ollalie clearcut. Trails were nicely groomed with the couple of inches that had fallen over night, and kick wax was working wonderfully in the cold temps. Super windy and cold on the approach to the basin. Topped out at the knob in the upper basin. Downhill was much better than expected. We had crust, dust on crust and blown in powder, but really no boiler plate. Fat skis were working well. I think only a few inches would really improve things. I'm glad we took the trip, it was a good day.

Good choice ! I had my gear by the door and was headin for that area but got blown out by other priorities. Glad you had a good time.

Nice!  Brenda's looks like she's ripping it up on her new skis!

not so new anymore. Brenda's pretty hard on gear. Seeing as yesterday is probably the firmest snow we will ever intentionally ski, the 100mm waist proves versatile enough. She's taken to them pretty well and it's going to be tough to convince her that they are not suitable for all conditions.

Reply to this TR

jan-25-2009-silver-peak
md2020
2009-01-25 18:20:57