Home > Forum > Splitboard economics

Splitboard economics

• Snowboarder_John
  • [Snowboarder_John]
More
22 Jan 2004 04:55 #168802 by Snowboarder_John
Splitboard economics was created by Snowboarder_John
Snoslut,<br>I have thought about getting a s/b this season. Maybe several of us should go together to Snowboard Connection or somewhere and place the order all at once. We could attempt to negotiate a lower price - especially if we all picked the same brand. I will be at the NW event (mission ridge) previewing next year's gear and will let you know if I can talk someone at Voille to give us a pro deal on a 2004. I would also like to look at the split Fish from Burton and see if Prior is going to be there (I like the 178 swallow tail split).<br><br>John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• snoslut
  • [boarddude]
More
22 Jan 2004 06:02 #168804 by snoslut
Replied by snoslut on topic Re: Splitboard economics
I would be game for that. A buddy of mine got a pro deal on the Voile and it ran between $500 and $600. Keep me in the loop regarding what you find out at the NW event. I'll be snooping around myself to see what deals can be made.

More
22 Jan 2004 18:42 #168810 by pakman
Replied by pakman on topic Re: Splitboard economics
Snowboarder_John,<br><br>I'm in the mkt for a split this season as well. leaning twd the Voile or Prior 173 models. If you think you can work out a group discount with Snowboard Connection, I might be interested. Roughly what time frame are you looking at in terms of the order/purchase?<br><br>BTW, does anyone know of any shops in the Seattle or Everett area that rent/demo Voile split boards?<br><br>thanks

• ultragrrl
  • [ultragrrl]
More
23 Jan 2004 04:01 #168813 by ultragrrl
Replied by ultragrrl on topic Re: Splitboard economics
I might also be interested in being part of a group purchase. I am interested in the prior 154 or the voile 159. And also in the 166 voile range or the 168 prior.<br><br>I think second ascent might rent voile? I'm not definite on that though.<br><br>I plan on demoing the prior the first weekend in Feb. I'd also be interested in the time frame? Yep,yep,yep.

More
23 Jan 2004 05:44 - 23 Jan 2004 05:55 #168814 by sag
Replied by sag on topic Re: Splitboard economics
funny I just got done answering this question not 5 min ago I believe that marmot mountain works in bellevue has rented  voile splits in the past and cascade crags in everett has rented the burton and voile if I'm not mistaken I know that second ascent sells voile splits But not sure on the rental thing for them.snowboard connection only carries burton and does not rent them.

More
23 Jan 2004 06:06 #168815 by pakman
Replied by pakman on topic Re: Splitboard economics
Sag, thanks for the lowdown. I'd already talked to cascade crags and confirm they do rent a 165 burton. was hoping to try out the voile or prior. I'll check w/ marmot mtn works as u suggested. ;)

• MW88888888
  • [MW88888888]
More
23 Jan 2004 10:22 #168817 by MW88888888
Replied by MW88888888 on topic Re: Splitboard economics
Splitboard economics? Here's an economics lesson for you:<br><br>Last two snowbaords I've bought: $150 and $200, both brand new still in the plastic (both late models from summer stocks, both Burtons)<br><br>Last up hill purchase: hmmm, I sent away my snowshoes last year (Tubbs, baby) and they put brand new crampons on b/c the plastic had split on my 10+ year old snowshoes - total cost: the shipping!<br><br>So...food for thought for those thinking that splitboards are so awesome. You can buy a great trip to Europe for the $ you saved! <br><br>... And if I hear another person whine about how hard it is to snowshoe: buy a lift ticket and leave the powder to me! (this rant is in good nature - and you're more than welcome to pick me up a Burton split if you have all this cash floating around. That is if you don't need to buy snowboarding boots to use em...but that's another rant for another time)

• Paul Belitz
  • [pbelitz]
More
23 Jan 2004 13:05 #168818 by Paul Belitz
Replied by Paul Belitz on topic Re: Splitboard economics
There's a reason skis were invented.....<br><br><br> ;)