Home > Trip Reports > 1-17-09, Nisqually Chutes to the Bridge

1-17-09, Nisqually Chutes to the Bridge

1/17/09
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by TonyM on 1/17/09 11:59am
Call it corn, spring conditions, but whatever you call it, call it good!  Dropped in at about 1:30 and things had softened up nicely.  Got a little heavy near the snout of the glacier, but otherwise, perfection!  Should be good on Sunday too.
News we have all been waiting for.  You've likely started a lemming attack for tomorrow.  Moguls by the end of the day?  Thanks for sharing the goods.

Hi Tony, my name is Matt. Two friends and I skied down a different chute the same time you were skiing the Nisqually. Nice to see you are a TAY-er!

Here's a mediocre video of our day

As an aside, can someone let me know if they can't see this video because they aren't on "facebook"?

You must log in to see this page.

Nice little vid -- thanks for the conditions update.

Hey Matt-  we saw you guys drop in... nice!!  A friend had told me about a chute skiers left of the main Nisqually Chute, and I guess that's the one.  You guys skied it in style for sure.

We thought about taking the same skiers-right line down the glacier, but things worked out on the left.  Amazing scenery down the valley and glad everyone had a good time.  Tony

... adding... nice touch with JC audio!

Reply to this TR

1-17-09-nisqually-chutes-to-the-bridge
TonyM
2009-01-17 19:59:14