Home > Trip Reports > 1/14/09 Chair Peak Circumnav

1/14/09 Chair Peak Circumnav

1/14/09
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by gorp on 1/14/09 3:27pm
We found very warm temps, low 50s in the sun.  Stability was good with a few donuts rolling down off the cliffs.  Lots of impressive debris everywhere from last week, quite a mess.  The corn was great in the sun, primarily in Melakwa basin, did a few laps above the upper lake.  In the shade, from Melakwa pass on, some of the worst skiing of my life, crust/death cookie/runnel mess.  Some monster slides between Chair Pk. Lake and Snow Lake that blasted through the lake ice.  Quick skate across the lake and back to the truck.  Will try to post some pics later.
Nice work T. I was wondering if it would go, glad to hear the lake was frozen.

How'd the run off Roosevelt Look?

Did you get any photos of Chair Peak from around Source Lake or Snow Lake divide?
I'm curious about climbing conditions on the NE Buttress.

I got some good pictures of Chair yesterday from Snoqualmie Mt. I will try and post tonight if you are still interested. FYI there was a lot of point releases above 5500ft where it had warmed up quite a bit. They all ran about 500ft.

That would be great. Thanks Dave.

Jim, Roosevelt looked pretty good, not outstanding coverage but definitely in.
BobS, I wasn't taking the pictures that day but out of the other guys' pics I've seen there aren't any good shots of the route. From Source Lk. up to the peak is a mess of debris and trees but we did see an uptrack.

I was with gorp yesterday. 
Here are my photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/petey5287/ChairPeakCircumnavigation?feat=directlink
Here is a more detailed narrative:
http://p-bloggg.blogspot.com/2009/01/chair-peak-circumnavigation-11409.html

author=bobS link=topic=11911.msg49759#msg49759 date=1232045401]
That would be great. Thanks Dave.

I included a pic of the slide I came across as well. Sorry about the quality. I had to reduce them quite a bit. If you want to original that you can zoom in on let me know and I can email it to you.

use picasa from google.  it's free.  export the pic at a low quality but a high resolution and still keep the file size under 200k

Reply to this TR

1-14-09-chair-peak-circumnav
gorp
2009-01-14 23:27:06