Home > Forum > 12/17/08 Meany Lodge Powder+Boarder Jumps Flames!

12/17/08 Meany Lodge Powder+Boarder Jumps Flames!

• artfreeman
  • [artfreeman]
More
11 Jan 2009 16:44 #214393 by artfreeman
12/17/08-1/4/09 Meany Lodge Holiday Week
Had such a great time at Meany Lodge (part of The Mountaineers) last year after Christmas that I went again only this time for 9 days! Crazy. Yes, they do have a shower. See my posting from last year for more detail on the place ( www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboardi...06.msg34895#msg34895 ) and check out www.meanylodge.org. Lots of families here and good ski/snowboard school. Lessons have started, but drop-ins are welcome and there are various special programs (see website). But the main thing is that if you hit it right the powder skiing can be extremely good on a variety of terrain.

At the Fall work parties many of us cut brush to reclaim some old runs and increase the “skiable acreage” which was well worth it. But on the best days, in between the rain events there was way more powder than we could ski. Some did go to waste, I’m very ashamed to say. Also new this year is a burley snow cat we named Moose because it has a very big rack (see video)

New Years was a blast with fireworks on the hill and some half-naked skiers and boarders on a midnight run (a Meany tradition that I enjoy but do not participate in).

Check out my home movie below and see inverted aerials (on purpose), delicious pow, , fireworks, the Moose, a boarder jumping a flaming pit, and more. A cast of dozens at the Lodge that time forgot.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joedabaker
  • [Joedabaker]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 Jan 2009 18:31 #214396 by Joedabaker
Nice Video Art-
Looked like a lot of wholesome fun! I reminds me of good times at my friends cabin growing up. Those kids, (besides you) are really privileged to get that opportunity.
I like the new method to hot wax the snowboard.
It's great that all your hard work paid off!

More
11 Jan 2009 19:03 #214397 by Zap
Art, nice video ! Let's do some spring skiing this week.