Home > Forum > January 13, 2004, Splitboards

January 13, 2004, Splitboards

• snoslut
  • [boarddude]
More
13 Jan 2004 00:05 - 13 Jan 2004 00:32 #168783 by snoslut
January 13, 2004, Splitboards was created by snoslut
Thanx for the info Sag.  I was not aware that the voile could handle soft snowboard boots.  I have some old school freestyles that I can drive in.  After looking at the links you provided and others sounds like the voile has a universal binding system that can accomodate.  It sounds like a better set up to.<br><br>Also Sag have you tried riding a burton's fish?  If so how would you compare it in pow conditions vs any of your splits?  The board is addicting to ride in pow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2004 05:17 #168784 by sag
Replied by sag on topic Re: January 13, 2004, Splitboards
The fish is neat but if you are addicted to pow the swallowtail is the way to go, granted mine is a 195 but I go as fast in bottomless pow on that thing as I do on an icy groomer. There are alot of options for that. Prior makes a couple of smaller ones 170-172 I think, that from what I hear carve hardpack as well as any twin tip. Mine is a voile and I can't put into words how much I enjoy riding it,it's that fun.voile also makes a 178. If you want we can take a couple of mine out so you can see side by side the differences. whats your stance and what size are you looking for?

• snoslut
  • [boarddude]
More
13 Jan 2004 06:00 - 13 Jan 2004 06:01 #168785 by snoslut
Replied by snoslut on topic Re: January 13, 2004, Splitboards
Being only 5'7'' and between 170 - 180lbs I can ride anything up to a 178.  My stance is regular and anywhere from 19 - 21 inches apart.  Front is at 15 degrees and back is negative 1.  That's the weird thing about the fish.  I ride it better with a shorter stance.  The biggest the fish came in is 160.  Amazing board regarding responsiveness.  Being an x-surfer (converted sponger) it is the closest to surfing but on snow.  I am curious to see how the swallowtail feels like.  Biggest difference I noticed with the fish so far is not being able to complete the turn (because lack of tail).  This is in comparison with my 162 Supernatural Oso where I can ride the tail at the end of each turn.  The fish just wants to float.  Also it's super fun in the trees cause it's so snappy.  Anyway I would sure like to demo your split.  Where and when are you heading up next?

More
13 Jan 2004 08:02 #168786 by sag
Replied by sag on topic Re: January 13, 2004, Splitboards
sunday or monday not sure where yet, gonna watch the weather