Home > Trip Reports > January 4, 09, Wedge Mountain, Leavenworth

January 4, 09, Wedge Mountain, Leavenworth

1/4/09
Posted by jwplotz on 1/7/09 10:42am
Kyle Flick and I skied Wedge Mountain, via the start of Mtn. Home Road off Blewitt Pass Hiway.  Skinning the road is monotonous and I've never been able to do it without getting a blister or two.  Kyle got some nasty ones but powered through.  We got to a spot just below the summit in darkening skies.  The snow was good.  Some settlement, but the dirtbag rutschblock we dug showed some well-bonded layers.  Overall coverage was excellent and it took 10 hours car to car.  It was the first tour with the BD O1 bindings, and I am totally sold, especially on the uphill!  Downhill these bindings are incredible.  Mounted on the Kilowats, it's a killer setup!!  Thanks Brent!

I have 01s and Kilos too; great setup. 

Where were you able to with the car?  Is Mountain Home Road plowed to its high point where the mini-gauge RR tracks are?

Geeze, I've never seen Mtn. Home Rd. plowed enough to drive on.  You're either starting near town in Leavenworth, or starting right off Blewitt Pass Hiway.  Or, get a ride on a sled.  Sled tracks continued well beyond the summer trailhead.  I guess you can also cut straight up over False Wedge near Bob's property and avoid an extra 2.5 miles of boring road.

Yeah, the O1's and Kilo's are amazing.

author=telemack link=topic=11809.msg49446#msg49446 date=1231697367]
I have 01s and Kilos too; great setup. 

Where were you able to with the car?  Is Mountain Home Road plowed to its high point where the mini-gauge RR tracks are?

Reply to this TR

january-4-09-wedge-mountain-leavenworth
jwplotz
2009-01-07 18:42:00