Home > Forum > Would like to learn

Would like to learn

• thomas
  • [thomas]
More
07 Jan 2004 18:05 #168771 by thomas
Would like to learn was created by thomas
Hi<br>Im a 19 year old snowboarder with a good deal of outdoor expierence, mainly hiking and backpacking, as well as some limited climbing expierence...and of course snowboarding. Id really like to get into backcountry boarding but as of yet have no one to do this with and don't feel that its really safe to be going on my own yet. If anyone is willing to let me come along on any trips, I have most of the requiste equipment and access to what I dont have. Im a quick learner and just need people to go out with. If anyone wants to take a chance and is going on a tour suitable for a intermediate rider, let me know, either here or email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Thanks

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• curmudgeon
  • [tim_place]
More
08 Jan 2004 08:56 #168772 by curmudgeon
Replied by curmudgeon on topic Re: Would like to learn
Thomas -- ya gotta tell us where you ride. If'n you are around the Baker area, I'd be glad to show you some of the local BC stuff -- provided you have the requisite equipment. We like to take a boarder or two along for stabilty assessment. ;D<br><br>You should give serious thought to a level I avi class.

• thomas
  • [thomas]
More
08 Jan 2004 17:51 #168773 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Re: Would like to learn
Stability assesment....guess someone has got to do it :)...anyways, I live down in the Olympia area, so its a bit far, but Im willing to make the trip sometimes. I was just up at the Baker ski area for the first time, best place Ive ever been. Other than that, as I said, Im a begineer at the backcountry thing...my only other trip was in the MRNP Paradise area. Let me know if you are still willing.