Home > Trip Reports > Christmas Eve, West Richland Skijor

Christmas Eve, West Richland Skijor

12/15/08
Posted by David_Lowry on 12/24/08 5:22am
How exciting to see some skijoring TR's!

Here is some not so stellar raw footage I shot this morning, 16*F.  Beautiful runs today.  This is not nearly as entertaining as the other skijor vid., but hopefully interesting nonetheless.  I loved that other vid.  Really nice work there!

Here are two runs, one of my son, the other of me, POV.  Perhaps the vid would be better if I could juggle!

Happy Holidays to everyone, and thanks for posting those skijor TR's!

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/huskyrunnr/?action=view&current=skijor08pt1.flv

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/huskyrunnr/?action=view&current=skijor08pt2.flv
Very cool, David,

So how do you keep the dogs from dragging you all over hell's half acre, short of cutting them loose?  ???
Or do you just go where the dogs want to go and hope they make it home when they get hungry?  ;)

Howdy ron j,

It may not seem that way but they listen and take commands when they are running.  At 2:08 in the second vid you can hear me call "gee" and they peeled off to the right toward the orchard.  Then, going through the Arbor vitae hedge into the orchard, you could see they were stopped and waiting for me, when I called them up with a "let's go".

Other than that, it's all about having a bomber snowplow and a solid butt-check.  They settle down after about the first 4 miles.

Wow, I am jealous.  I want a dog.  I'm at home in MN trying to convince my mom to let me take the cat out, but I'm not getting too far with that one...;)

Dave,

Looks like lots of fun.  Nice to see you and Daniel after such a long time.  As you might know we have had an unusually deep and prolonged snowpack here on the west side.  I thought that it might let up today with warmer temps and rain, but it snowed anyway and my father-in-law ended up shoveling several more inches while we skied at Stevens with the kids.

The kids really enjoyed the videos.

I was able to get Megan out on Xcountry gear during the week.  Once she put the gear on she was hooked and really loves the fact that she can get around on skis in the neighborhood.

Alan

Alan, lemme know if they ever want to try it out, on skis, runners or wheels, anytime ...

Wow! That looks great. Thanks for sharing!!

Reply to this TR

christmas-eve-west-richland-skijor
David_Lowry
2008-12-24 13:22:31