Home > Forum > Snowbasin UT 12/22

Snowbasin UT 12/22

• alpymarr
  • [alpymarr]
More
22 Dec 2008 21:18 #214267 by alpymarr
Snowbasin UT 12/22 was created by alpymarr
Damn!!! Sounds like i'm missing out on some urban pow turns. Sucks to be stuck in the Wasatch ;). The most harrowing driving experience of my life from Oly to SLC in some 20 horrifying ice clad hiway hours. Ventured up to Snowbasin today to check out the 16 in of new there and was treated to run after run of faceshots and dissapearing tracks. Not too many people out, Utahns don't seem to like storm days quite as much as us PNW folks, in fact I felt like I was at Crystal midweek and mid-storm. More snow on the way for my xmas present.

Has anyone been getting out up there or is travel impossible?? I feel like I should be there to see this arctic Seatown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• altasnob
  • [altasnob]
More
23 Dec 2008 07:20 #214268 by altasnob
Replied by altasnob on topic Re: Snowbasin UT 12/22

Not too many people out, Utahns don't seem to like storm days quite as much as us PNW folks, in fact I felt like I was at Crystal midweek and mid-storm.

Go to Little Cottonwood Canyon and you'll find all the people. Snowbasin on a powder day is definitely the place to be. Check out Powder Mountain as well. Alta and Snowbird are sick but definitely over-hyped.

• alpymarr
  • [alpymarr]
More
23 Dec 2008 11:09 #214271 by alpymarr
Replied by alpymarr on topic Re: Snowbasin UT 12/22
Yeah, I try and avoid the SLC canyons while I'm here in Ogden. No need when there is snow up north at basin and Powder. They are only partially open right now but it seems as if that could change any day now because it's been dumping a lot. I love Powder Mt....but they have to be 100% open with the BC shuttle runnning for it to be sick. Unfortunatley it looks like Powder mt has been sold for development, in fact the developer has succeeded in the state granting them a township "Powderville". Condos and ammenities on the way. Sad.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
26 Dec 2008 14:50 #214287 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Snowbasin UT 12/22
I just drove back from Alta after 7 days in little cottonwood,There were no crowds,none.Evan with Collins down all day mon and tues nobody was there.Great skiing with all that Alta magic ( new snow ).Snowbird was ski on chairs and walk on trams the days I was there,Alot less people than same time last year,someone said 40% less day tickets being sold,nice.The drive was about as bad as it can get, but after a day to recover I'll do it all again next month.