Home > Trip Reports > Dec 21, 2008, Tolt Pipeline

Dec 21, 2008, Tolt Pipeline

12/21/08
Posted by melchap on 12/22/08 1:37am
After enjoying some lift served turns at Summit Central on empty slopes it was back to the city.

But what kind of day would it really be if I didn't earn a few turns.

After dropping some friends off at the gym in Redmond, so they could go running, it was off to find a hill to tour.  I settled on Tolt Pipeline.  Starting at Avondale Rd and heading toward Woodinville.

I enjoyed a good workout climbing the hill and avoiding sledders.

I reached my down hill ski point just as it was getting dark and starting to snow hard.  Visibility was poor.

The ski down was fun.  I hit a few jumps that the kids built.

I picked up my friends and it was off the the Watercress for some apres ski grub.

What can I ski next?
Yanna and I have been out there each day since the snow started, yesterday we did some extended touring in the area, getting around Gold Creek Park (a few thrilling curving downhill bits for the skinny skis), the pipeline, and some other neighborhood trails. It's been festive out there with everyone out walking, sledding, skiing, and so forth. Today, we met Wolfs out on the Pipeline, and followed him back toward his house a bit. I was convinced I'd nail the downhill where he took a little fall, and as a proudly headed down I dumped almost immediately. He was right about the humps and bumps from the sledders. I reaped inevitable effects of pride. We've been seeing more and more skiers out each day, though I'd say we had about peak conditions yesterday (last night close to midnight when we couldn't resist one more little tour, to be precise) with a big dive in snow quality today. It was almost too easy to make a snowman today. I'm starting to feel a bit beat from all this skiing from the doorstep day after day.

Reply to this TR

dec-21-2008-tolt-pipeline
melchap
2008-12-22 09:37:54