Home > Trip Reports > Wallace Falls

Wallace Falls

12/15/08
Posted by alecapone on 12/20/08 10:12am
After having some repair issues, a late start, only dogs for partners, jelousy over all the city folk riding in the streets, and  the impending weather, I decided to keep it local. Promptly started from the TH at 2pm.

Skinned from the wallace falls lot in about 6-12 inches of fluffy stuff. COverage was consitant throughout teh tour.  Trail was broke to the woodlands trail cutoff. Decided to stay on the RR grade to the lower falls and break my own. Ride down to the foot bridge from grade was fun with the ten step drops and stuff. Then climbing from the lower falls to the upper falls proved to be the trickiest. Many exposed log steps that gave no purchase. The crux of the climb was navigating the gates to keep out the ATV's. Reached the upper falls at about 3:30.

Ride down was fun at times, but flat in areas. I took the woodlands trail and rode back next to the wallace river. I stayed in ski mode to afford myself more mobility. Dropped a knee here and there for the tele dudes who couldn't make it. MAde it back to the RR grade and had to navigate the remaining half mile in the dark.

I guess it was about 6 miles, 1000 feet?  almost legit!

Reply to this TR

wallace-falls
alecapone
2008-12-20 18:12:56