Home > Trip Reports > 12/18/08 Seattle Turns

12/18/08 Seattle Turns

12/18/08
WA elsewhere
Posted by Don Heath on 12/19/08 7:52am
Last night, in the dark, the whole family headed over to Shoreview Park near Shoreline CC for skiing, sledding and good old fashioned butt-sliding.  I legitimately got my December turns in Seattle.  I did some of my first Tele turns in the same park on cross country gear 20 years ago.  Last night I gave my oldest son his first Tele lessons there.  Just one more turn in the Great Circle of Tele Life.

The sleds screamed down the slopes faster than the skiers, and everybody had one of those great snow in Seattle times.  Lost my car keys in the snow, in the dark, when I fell once.  My 9 year old Andy found them after I had long given up.  Right where I fell.  Life is good.

The whole family included our friend Usman from from Nigeria by way of Germany.  It was Usman's first time to really play in snow, and Seattle's "Snowmageddon" gave him a great treat. 

Merry Christmas, to all, and to all a good night!
That's the stuff you remember for years.Kids and adults both.
I grew up in Kentucky and we used to sled down the hollows of the local golf course on Car hoods.We all carried 1/2 pints of whiskey or some sweet liquor for the  wounds . about 4 0r 5 of us to a hood ,man those things would fly.  Of Course you had to take off the hood ornaments.

my friend cut his leg down to the bone sledding on a car hood 2 days ago, and I slammed into a train track after dropping a cliff in the pow pow and now can't walk because I hit my ass so hard. I had to get dragged home on a sled. but it was so worth it!!!

I couldn't get out of my house yesterday, but my toilet was running, so I toured over to the hardware store and bought a new flapper.  I count myself amongst the small cadre of people who have ever skied into town to fix a toilet. ;)

author=lordhedgie link=topic=11568.msg48148#msg48148 date=1229820241]
... my toilet was running,  ;)

If your toilet is running...you should catch it.

Silly city folk!

author=lordhedgie link=topic=11568.msg48148#msg48148 date=1229820241]
I count myself amongst the small cadre of people who have ever skied into town to fix a toilet. ;)

And I think I'm the first (on my block at least) to ski to the "highschool hill" with crutches in lieu of ski poles.   ;D
December turns are in.  :)

Reply to this TR

12-18-08-seattle-turns
Don Heath
2008-12-19 15:52:16