Home > Forum > 12/13/08 Summit West

12/13/08 Summit West

• Kneel Turner
  • [Kneel Turner]
More
14 Dec 2008 20:47 #214226 by Kneel Turner
12/13/08 Summit West was created by Kneel Turner
Not lift accessed, but the two "high speed quads" were running at Snoqualmie yesterday.

I went to the Pass for some exercise, and skinned West because it was likely the safest skiing (for my skis) due to shallow snow pack and minimal buried hazards.

I certainly didn't regret it.  It always amazes me how even the most un-epic day on skis is purely enjoyable.  I had a moment where I ripped my skins and thought "Man, I LOVE that sound!"

It was low snopack conditions, but what was there was fun to ski (although the slope is so shallow staightlining and poling were necessary at times).  Hit a few rocks due to my own temptation.  Could have been easily avoided. -minor damage

Last run was for Teleskichica, and wouldn't you know it, found the best, most consistent line of the day.

No partners lined up for Silver Basin, so thinking about checking out Central tomorrow.  What the heck?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• spltbrdr
  • [spltbrdr]
More
15 Dec 2008 08:52 #214228 by spltbrdr
Replied by spltbrdr on topic Re: 12/13/08 Summit West
Hit Summit West on the 14th. Very much as you described - enjoyable. Nothing amazing or epic - just really nice to hit skiable snow within an hour of Seattle. Lots of folks up there getting their turns in. Very windy at times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.