Home > Trip Reports > December 14, 2008, Table Mountain

December 14, 2008, Table Mountain

12/14/08
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by silaswild on 12/14/08 10:13am
Weather was much better than expected, tho cold by Cascade standards.  The road to Baker was in good shape, no accidents (I-5 was a different story from Stanwood to Mt. Vernon.)  The light breeze was cold enough to make stopping not an option.  Coverage was good on all aspects of Table Mountain, none of us experienced scrapes on our ski bases.  We only saw about 20 other backcountry skiers spread fairly well around the mountain.  There was about 15" of nice powder on a solid base.  No secret stashes were visited, so Tim allowed me to file this report.
Looks like it was looking pretty good up there!  I really like that first pic.  Way to get it.

author=Stugie link=topic=11485.msg47761#msg47761 date=1229309842]
Looks like it was looking pretty good up there!  I really like that first pic.  Way to get it.

I'm guessing that is the undulating terrain between the east end of Table Mt. and the Blueberry Chutes.

Saw you guys skiing down from "Eurobowl" or "Innerglacier" (can't remember what Tim calls it) coming back to the North side at the end of your day. Are you guys going out tomorrow? Might brave the cold if you are...

Looks like you found the deep stuff.Are the blueberry chutes,all of the chutes you can see as you skin up the ridge between Baker ski area and Table mountain.I just like to no for my reference, we skied there the day before.

:). Looks like you guys had fun!

author=TobyT link=topic=11485.msg47778#msg47778 date=1229319742]
Saw you guys skiing down from "Eurobowl" or "Innerglacier" (can't remember what Tim calls it) coming back to the North side at the end of your day. Are you guys going out tomorrow? Might brave the cold if you are...

Hell yes!!  We won;t get to the parkng lot until about 9:30, though.  Gotta let it warm up a bit.

Telemon: if that pic was where you say, what happened to Huntoon Point?!

Astraslim:  Yup.

Reply to this TR

december-14-2008-table-mountain
silaswild
2008-12-14 18:13:09