Home > Forum > TGR's movie at Neumoes 11-14-08...

TGR's movie at Neumoes 11-14-08...

• gravyb
  • [gravyb]
More
17 Nov 2008 11:13 #183834 by gravyb
TGR's movie at Neumoes 11-14-08... was created by gravyb
Did anybody else attend TGR's Under The Influence on Friday? It was unlike any ski movie experience I've ever had. There weren't seats and it was shown on a screen up on the stage where musicians usually perform. It was an incredibly tightly packed crowd standing and watching. Not getting into position early enough, i had a very poor mostly blocked vantage of the screen. It was so packed they must have broken fire code occupancy limits many were saying. So, I didn't see much of it, but I tend to get the TGR movie for christmas most years. After the flick the place mostly emptied out. A hip hop group the started up, and they were pretty upset at how empty the place had become. So I go from not really seeing a ski flick in a packed croud, to a couple rappers angrily throwing water and powder magazines off the stage and yelling at people to get 'up near the F-ing stage.' Not a very relaxing evening! ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mjölnir
  • [jmccallum]
More
17 Nov 2008 11:58 #183835 by Mjölnir
Replied by Mjölnir on topic Re: TGR's movie at Neumoes 11-14-08...
I was there friday and like you I agree that it was a very poor venue choice for the film.

I've never been to Nemos before but was amazed at the complete lack of any professionalism from the staff. The wait to get into the theater was insane. Even after paying "convience fees" to purchase tickets online, willcall and ticket purchases were in the same neverending line. My friends who purchased tickets online ended up leaving without ever getting in.

Crowd control was non existant and it started a mere 2 hrs late. Its like Neumos isn't used to running large events...which is astonishing seeing that they are a live music venue. I didn't stay for the music but it seems par for the course.

While the film was still the same TGR quality, the experience was horrible. I'll never return to Neumos for anything.

• AlpinWeiss
  • [AlpinWeiss]
More
18 Nov 2008 08:43 #183859 by AlpinWeiss
Replied by AlpinWeiss on topic Re: TGR's movie at Neumoes 11-14-08...
I also had a very poor experience at Neumos last Friday. After buying tickets in advance we arrived and bought drinks, but when the movie was about to start were not allowed to go downstairs (where you could see the movie) because of fire code. We walked out, spoke with Nuemos management about the situation and asked for refunds but got nothing. Certainly the last time I'll go to Neumos.

It seems like Neumos sold tickets for the size of the venue and not for the size of place where you could actually watch the movie. I'm planning on writing TGR about it and recommending they find a new venue in Seattle. Glad to hear the movie was good! I'll have to get the DVD.

• gravitymk
  • [gravitymk]
More
18 Nov 2008 09:08 #183860 by gravitymk
Replied by gravitymk on topic Re: TGR's movie at Neumoes 11-14-08...
It played in North Bend a few weeks previous to a full house. Martin/Pro Skier Services were a co sponsor. Over all it was a great experience, lots of familiar faces and plenty of stoke to go around.

• NMaddox
  • [Stuck_in_P-town]
More
18 Nov 2008 14:05 #183869 by NMaddox
Replied by NMaddox on topic Re: TGR's movie at Neumoes 11-14-08...
I'll have to second the opinions shown here. I was also stuck above the crowd in the bar and got to enjoy watching the movie from BEHIND the screen! It was surreal to see so many "switch" tricks!

The movie content was par, TGR always outdoes themselves.

The only consilation to the atmosphere was that I somehow won a pair of Rossi's! It felt good to win something... a very strange sensation indeed...

Snow? Please?

• gravyb
  • [gravyb]
More
18 Nov 2008 15:51 - 18 Nov 2008 15:55 #183872 by gravyb
Replied by gravyb on topic Re: TGR's movie at Neumoes 11-14-08...
Thank you for adding your tragic tales from your experience that evening.  It's all out on the table and I feel better.  You won some rossis!? Nice work!  Did they give them to you there, or do you get to pick a length and get them later?  I'd tough out the same experience again for new boards. That's wild, I saw a group of people watching the backwards image on the back of the screen.  Must have been weird seeing everyone shaking hands left handed!  Atleast some snow will hit the hills later this week, but it needs to pound for a couple weeks straight and stay cold enough.  Got to get a base of some kind started!!
Attachments: