Home > Trip Reports > November 13-14, 2008, Cle Elum valley snow report

November 13-14, 2008, Cle Elum valley snow report

11/13/08
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by Larry_R on 11/14/08 10:37pm
This week I decided to boot it up to my regular winter campsite on Sasse Ridge, partly because it has a great view, and I knew there would be water, and also it was an excuse to do a little volunteer brush-out on the roads. Yes, I got John M's permission and suggestions at the district office;  this is important if you are thinking of doing this sort of work.

A few pics:

The first shows the shows the snow level on Red Mtn, at about 4000 feet. Note the new avalanche path from last year running down the clearcut. There are closeup pics of this slide here:  http://www.larryscascaderesource.com/albums/RedMtnslidepaths/index.html

The second pic taken at first sun shows, left to right, Three Queens, Chikamin, Lemah One, Two, and the main summit (just barely).

The third pic is a zoomed shot of Chikamin, taken for the lighting which I liked.

Larry

Thanks for the early report Larry -- looks like we need a little more up there before you're on skis :)

Thanks SG,

I thought I might take this opportunity to say that due to a recent death in the family, I may not be posting as much this season, and I may not be out as much as I had been in past years. But who knows?

Larry

So sorry to hear of your loss, Larry.  We will still hope to see some of your Cle Elum Valley updates.  They have been very usefull to me and probably many others as well.

Reply to this TR

november-13-14-2008-cle-elum-valley-snow-report
Larry_R
2008-11-15 06:37:53