Home > Trip Reports > 11/4/08 Vote Powder for President!Baker Ski Area

11/4/08 Vote Powder for President!Baker Ski Area

11/4/08
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by boonedoogle on 11/4/08 6:45am
Vote Powder today! Wouldn't the world just be a better place! I escaped all the political mumbo jumbo this morning and headed up to see how the snow was shaping up around the ski area and artist point. Headed up the highway with 9-12 inches below the splitboard. Turned to steady foot to foot and a half in places. Was able to cut the majority of the switchbacks on the way up to the lake ann trailhead parking lot. After that unfortunetly I had to turn back for work... Looking great up there, needs another foot or two to make it better.
Thanks for the update, my vote is cast.

Can foreigners vote on this issue? :D I might enter Baker's white booth tomorrow, ;D

I know I shouldn't have voted by mail.  The best things are saved for those who wait.

author=Telemon link=topic=11157.msg45935#msg45935 date=1225845441]
Can foreigners vote on this issue? :D I might enter Baker's white booth tomorrow, ;D

YES YOU CAN!  ...If you pay your taxes. 
A number of my friends were seriously thinking of moving to CAN if McLame won; they didn't think they could afford to retire in their home country.
Let's hear it for Snowbama.    ;D

The honeymoon is already over. The light and fluffy election day is giving way to a soggy, pineapple dose of reality.  Lets hope our crumbling infrastructure will not be further damaged. No more washed out roads.  If the freezing levels are correct, Muir shoud get about 40 inches in the next two days.  You can spread the wealth by breaking  trail on sunday

Reply to this TR

11-4-08-vote-powder-for-president-baker-ski-area
boonedoogle
2008-11-04 14:45:13