Home > Trip Reports > Double helpings of leftovers . . .

Double helpings of leftovers . . .

10/15/08
Posted by Teleskichica on 10/28/08 1:18pm
What a gorgeous day to be out. After so many reports regarding the corn buffet served up at Muir all weekend, who could resist visiting for a taste test??? Not I, for sure.
Ed aka Kneel Turner and I had a late start to the day, but made decent time up to Muir for some prime harvesting.  Although Rnbfish commented on the way down it "wasn't quite as good as Sunday" we were late comers in line and more than pleased with the generous helping of delicious fall skiing.  Also met Joedabaker for the first time (Scotsman, you shoulda called in sick today . . .) as well as Skye and Hannah who were going for Muir laps today--an inspiration for us to go for second helpings of the upper snowfield ourselves.

Thus, we have officially begun the new season--or so we think, the verdict is still out--Is this the beginning of the 08/09 or the end of 07/08?  Either way, we were elated to see a powder sugar sprinkling throughout the Tattoosh and eagerly anticipate a full icing!
Pictures to come later . . . and subsequently added in another post.  :D
Yum, Yum.  That was some good eatin'.  So good, I couldn't resist those last couple turns.  Apparently, the rocks don't "corn up" so well :-[.  Nice to meet the other TAY 'ers.  Let's see the pics -"covergirl"

Unfortunately my photography skills certainly leave something to be desired--I suspect I need a few pointers from JW . . .
Kneel Turner, first lap.
Joedabaker, resisting our push to have him join us for a second run.
Teleskichica, doing something akin to a chicken dance, I think . . .

That is the best corn maze I have ever skied in October.
Great to meet Sky, Hannah, Holly and Ed. Thanks for the mountain treats! Good to see Robert on skis!
Sorry not to go for the 2nd helping as my schedule is busy  :(.
Notable self history, Three of us young high school skiers in need of turns slung our skis on old packs and made the climb. That was 30 years ago to this year-Time passes to quickly!

author=Joedabaker link=topic=11120.msg45744#msg45744 date=1225281964]
Notable self history, Three of us young high school skiers in need of turns slung our skis on old packs and made the climb. That was 30 years ago to this year-Time passes to quickly!

That's awesome! Keep on turning. (BTW--congrats on a full 12 months.  :) Like Skye said, you coulda walked down, but I think you're hooked now.  ;) )

author=Teleskichica link=topic=11120.msg45732#msg45732 date=1225253890]
What a gorgeous day to be out.  Also met Joedabaker for the first time (Scotsman, you shoulda called in sick today . . .)

Yea rub it in. Best October corn, beautiful day with all the cool cats. >:( I had a sudden attack of responsibilty to my work mates.  I won't let it happen again. ;)

Reply to this TR

double-helpings-of-leftovers
Teleskichica
2008-10-28 20:18:10