Home > Trip Reports > somewhat below Muir....10-26-08

somewhat below Muir....10-26-08

10/15/08
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by JW on 10/27/08 12:21pm
Jeanette , Ron and I were afraid we might cause some overcrowding if we went all the way to Muir so instead we worked some lower elevation patches.....as you can tell by the photo below we like to spoon our turns to get the most out of a patch!  8)  a nice day indeed
Looks like you got 4 runs in, unless I miscounted  ;D

You guys are always thinking "out of the box". Nice turn farming! ;D

It was another great day on the mountain, with Halloween treats, mountain margaritas and silky skiing  ;D.

Man, you guys are PRECISE! Looks like you used a 200 ft. wide garden rake to make those tracks.

Now that's some amazing skiing, folks!  I'm somehow reminded of the huge huck Ron did below Mclure Rock last October...  Way to end the snow season, and here's to the new season around the corner!   :D

I am always amazed by Ron's body stability while in the air in this shot. No arm movement or "turning up the windows" you see some skiers doing to try and maintain balance. He makes Seth Morrison look like a beginner.
He is truly a Jedi Master.

You guys are killin' me. ::)

I don't even know what Photoshop is.....honest  8)

Looks good nice work!

Beautiful patch, JW and gang -- I'm envious!  Oh, that reminds me, I need to get my Oct. turns in or else.. DOH.   So it looks like I'll be landing at SEATAC on Friday at 9am, coming in from DC this time because of work.  Just perfect because I'll be able to get an early start from the Paradise parking lot, say about 1 pm-ish.  Run up, ski down.  Who wants to come? :)

Reply to this TR

somewhat-below-muir-10-26-08
JW
2008-10-27 19:21:09