Home > Forum > FS: $120 192 Tua Montets MX w/ Riva IIs & G3 heels

FS: $120 192 Tua Montets MX w/ Riva IIs & G3 heels

• Jeff Huber
  • [Gaper_Jeffey]
More
10 Dec 2003 20:13 - 11 Dec 2003 05:48 #168706 by Jeff Huber
Charles, if for-sale posts are inappropriate here feel free to delete.<br><br>Length: 192<br>Dimensions: 86/64/76 <br>Price: $120 *includes* shipping within continental US<br>Will accept cashiers checks or PayPal.<br><br>Email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if interested!

To put it euphemistically, the Montets are a more traditional tele ski. Tua said the following about the ski several years ago, "For free-heel experts who like a ride that performs in all conditions, from buffed piste to heavy junk, Montets is the proven ultimate. They are an easy-to-ski, versatile go-anywhere ride--whatever the conditions and are flexed perfectly for tele turns. The Montets' sidecut is generous offering a balanced, "sweet" feel with superb edge hold and quick turn initiation. Double fiberglass torsion box cap construction with laminated wood core."

I've really only skied these about a dozen times. The bases are in excellent condition with no gouges or scratches but the tops have a few cosmetic gouges.

I've been told that in certain backcountry-oriented circles this ski has been very popular (almost cultish). I've also been told people use to think the world was flat. Seriously though, if you know what you want and you're interested in a backcountry-oriented touring ski (or if you have dubious hygiene, wear tie-die, eat granola and live in Berkley--okay i'm just joking) think about these.

<br><br>(I have a bunch more photos, let me know if you wish to see them)<br><br><br>Email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if interested

PS: I'm also selling a pair of old-version K2 World Pistes. They can be seen here: mtncommunity.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard...317&forum=DCForumID3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
11 Dec 2003 04:45 #168707 by Charles
Wow, one hundred twenty thousand dollar skis!!! What, are they made out of some kind of top-secret, ski patrol-evading, frictionless, weightless material? ;)<br><br>When posts started appearing with FS items a few months ago, I decided that as long as the items were skiing/boarding related and the sale was from an individual, not a business, then I didn't see any problem with such posts. If there get to be a LOT of FS posts, I will consider creating a specific FS board. But thanks for asking!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.