Home > Trip Reports > December 10, 2003, paradise

December 10, 2003, paradise

12/10/03
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by sag on 12/10/03 5:22am
My lady and I headed up to the big R today to get a few turns. When we got to the parking lot at the leisurly hour of 10:30 the place was empty. 1 snow shoer and 7 construction vehicles and us.  My lady has just moved up to a larger split board so we headed for the wide open of edith creek basin so she could realy put it through the paces. The snow was fast and deep and oh so fun. Dug a few hasty pits nothing worth mentioning as far as results, all was stable and the snow was still comming down. the snow began to fall heavier and heavier as the day went on. On her third run I heard her yell" I LOVE THIS BOARD" as she sent rooster tails in my direction. After a few laps(bout 1:00) we headed back to the car and to our delight we slid right up to the car door (the parking lot was an ice rink when we left it) the parking lot had about 2-3 inches of snow . The snow shoer was headed out when we pulled up in the morning and aside from the construction crew we saw no one for the rest of the trip. We had the whole basin to ourselves.  All in all a great day playing in the snow.

Reply to this TR

december-10-2003-paradise
sag
2003-12-10 13:22:55