Home > Forum > G3 T/9 binding

G3 T/9 binding

• paul_smith
  • [paul_smith]
More
10 Dec 2003 03:01 #168694 by paul_smith
G3 T/9 binding was created by paul_smith
I've been skiing on these bindings for two years and have been happy w/them. Yesterday at Stevens, very nice day soft snow off the groomers and out of the way places, when we stopped for lunch I noticed the performance plate atop the heel riser cracked on one ski and almost half gone on the other! ??? It didn't seem to affect ski/binding performance but I was supprised to see this. Any similar experiences?<br><br>Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TeleRoss
  • [TeleRoss]
More
10 Dec 2003 03:50 #168695 by TeleRoss
Replied by TeleRoss on topic Re: G3 T/9 binding
Don't know much about the Targa's, but if you're looking at tele bindings the Hammerheads are all you'll ever need.<br>~Ross

• ski_photomatt
  • [ski_photomatt]
More
10 Dec 2003 06:26 #168698 by ski_photomatt
Replied by ski_photomatt on topic Re: G3 T/9 binding
I haven't had any problems with the heel piece, but I have cracked two of the toe bars (bars that hold the duck bill down). One time was especially annoying as I had just skied into Colchuck Lake from the Icicle Creek Road when I noticed it. It was early March, the weather was nice, and I had several days of food, intending to ski across the Enchantments. Fearing a catastrophic binding failure miles from my car, I had no choice but to ski out.

• paul_smith
  • [paul_smith]
More
10 Dec 2003 07:15 #168699 by paul_smith
Replied by paul_smith on topic Re: G3 T/9 binding
TeleRoss Yep! Dang HH's have a good rep although some heated discussions have occured about them, see link below. Gotta say RR's a stand up guy as this link will show: www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=13129
A ski into Colchuck Lk. ain't no small feat, musta been a great disappointment with Assgard pass staring you in the face and the Enchantments to follow. I'll have a gander at my toe bar for cracks, and then look forward to gettin' out this weekend!

www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12984

• Jim Oker
  • [jim_oker]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 Dec 2003 08:57 #168701 by Jim Oker
Replied by Jim Oker on topic Re: G3 T/9 binding
I've seen the T9 toebars crack too - apparently the older ones are especially prone to this when they were all titanium. I believe on later models they switched to titanium toeplate and a steel toebar, which has a different color from the toeplate (whereas the older ones are all one color).<br><br>A field fix for this was a bit hose clamp wrapped around the tip of the toeplate and tightened down around the boot - handy for other bindings that can lose the toebar too, but sorta heavy...

• TeleRoss
  • [TeleRoss]
More
10 Dec 2003 10:01 #168703 by TeleRoss
As far as I'm concerned, Hammerheads are the most bomber piece of equipment to attach your boots to your skis with. I've been on mine for 3 yrs now and have not once had a single problem. I have been skiing 50+ b/c days and nearly the same inbounds each year. They've skied from the summit of Mt. Baker, Mt. Rainier, and many others of the Cascade range, and have been in every conceivable type of snow and terrain from the deepest pow to the most heinous boiler plate, they have been on countless day tours and many extended outings, maybe even an epic or two, and again there have been no problems. If you're looking to end frustrations with tele bindings I would not hesitate and go with the HH's.<br>~Ross

• paul_smith
  • [paul_smith]
More
11 Dec 2003 06:32 #168709 by paul_smith
Replied by paul_smith on topic Re: G3 T/9 binding
Ross<br>Your skiing says more about the HH's and thier reliability then marketing ever could. Don't get me wrong I was not 'dissin the HH's. I've been skiing on G-3's and t-9 bindings and they have been very reliable till this incident. A friend of mine has his Work Stinx mounted with HH'S which I will be able to try this year.<br>Paul

• TeleRoss
  • [TeleRoss]
More
11 Dec 2003 12:48 #168713 by TeleRoss
Yeah, I'm not sure what it is about the HH's that seems to scare people away. Maybe it's cause they look kind of crazy or something. I know a lot of tele skiers who wouldn't even give them a test run just to check them out....Really I guess it comes down to whatever makes one comfortable, and once you find something, just go with it you know? Like why dink around trying this and that when you've got something that works perfectly well. The problem that I hear from most tele skiers is that their gear is not working perfectly well. Broken cables, broken cartriges, broken toe pieces, broken this or that...when that kind of stuff happens...especially in the backcountry crap can hit the fan, and I guess that's why I am so psyched about the HH's, because as long as I've had them I've never had to deal with any of that b.s. that seems to plague nearly every other set up out there. Anyway I'm not sure what was the initial beginning of this thread, but for what it's worth here's my two cents: if you're tired of dealing with tele binding b.s. give the HH's a try.<br>~Ross