Home > Trip Reports > December 7-9, 2003, Alpental

December 7-9, 2003, Alpental

12/7/03
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by alpentalcorey on 12/9/03 2:44pm
Did a few days of fun turns at the Alp.  As reported in the other thread (I think Sunday was actually the 7th, right?) there were several groups of TAY posters & friends touring Alpental on Sunday.  Our group was a group of 8, 3 went for the long run down nash (where most of the other TAY folks seemed to go too, certainly an excellent choice) while we did some frontside yo-yo.  Went back to Seattle but came back Monday for a quick run with neighbor Adam on his splitboard.  Went to the top of the fan and dropped into breakover trees a bit left of where we had gone the day before.  Really nice powder, maybe even better than Sunday.  Luckily for me another friend happened to come up from Oregon for a few days and to ski with me Wednesday.  We went to the top and skied nash and snakedance where it was good but a bit wind affected.  So we decided to look for some more fluffy stuff in the trees, and thankfully we found it, again in the breakover trees/shot 6 area.  Ran into some of our regular alpental skiing friends on the hill, and it is apparent that the stokage factor for the season is high.  Hard to stay awake at work, but that's ok.

Taking a day off to rest my achy back, but I'm already starting to regret that decision.  Anyone up for touring Thursday or Friday (unless they open Fri)?  

Corey,
Sure enough 8)...Sunday was the 7th.  Not sure what I was thinking.  I must have fat fingered the 6 instead of the 7.  Anyway, it was good to put faces with names.  See you out there!

Reply to this TR

december-7-9-2003-alpental
alpentalcorey
2003-12-09 22:44:46