Home > Trip Reports > Headed to GNP on July 25

Headed to GNP on July 25

7/15/08
Posted by SWMT on 7/24/08 6:03am
We are heading up to Glacier NP tomorrow (7/25) and wanting to ski for a couple days. Any info on places to ski with moderately easy approaches would be greatly appreciated.  We would love company as well!  Thanks!
I'll be gettin' turns in at GNP Aug. 1-10 if you're still around!  My MT sources haven't let me in on the goods where there is still snow, but I'm guessing...if you want easy approach...it's small, but there are usually patches as you work your way down the Hidden Lake trail towards Mt. Reynolds from Logan Pass.

ps - this should probably be in the "random tracks" section...

My wife and I were in GNP the second week of July and there was plenty of snow at logan pass and throughout the park for that matter.  You could start there and with a bit of hiking get some good turns.  You could also park at the switchback on the east side of logan pass and hike north to the pass there (I forget its name) and get to snow.  I saw a couple people going there.  Hope this helps, have fun! 

Chris

I think cjski is referring to Siyeh pass.  The upper reaches of the E side of Siyeh pass held snow well into August last I remember.  The 10-12 mile loop is definitely worth the hike as well!

stugie is correct, that is the pass.  Thanks for the refresher.  Watch for bears there were a couple grizzlies in there!

Reply to this TR

headed-to-gnp-on-july-25
SWMT
2008-07-24 13:03:11