Home > Trip Reports > July 4, 2008, Tatoosh Bobbleheads

July 4, 2008, Tatoosh Bobbleheads

7/4/08
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Robie on 7/4/08 12:49pm
Ok seems like we are stuck in the tatoosh. After hearing Scotty's reports of slim pickings at Sunrise we decided to shift to Tatoosh . Met a bunch of Rangers at relection lake while saddling up. They were looking for a lost hiker named Dean with red ballcap. We swapped notes and routes and headed up to castle saddle with 14 eyes open.  Pretty much the same route as last time . Up Saddle ,down 900' much more availble.  We Cimbed to Just under Foss at wall of doom. All kinds of weather and vis, the whole gamut except snow. This time took  skiers extreme right for another new line for us. good and steep but narrow runout in creekbed to join the main Sunbeam drainage. Popped out on the road west of Sunbeam culvert. Lots of snow but suncups were close to onerous  causing everyones head to Bobble. Deb ,Anita, Linda , Richard,Dave ,Evan and myself walked back up to Relection lake. We fired up the grill had hot dogs watermelon and cold drinks.Route should be good all weekend if you like to do the Bobblehead .the higher the better for skiing. Great snow for booting up, leave the skins in the car.
P.S. I had talk with one of the rangers I know. Casey from the Sunrise side was over to help with the search and concured with lack of snow at Sunrise.

Reply to this TR

july-4-2008-tatoosh-bobbleheads
Robie
2008-07-04 19:49:19