Home > Trip Reports > The way back...6/21/08

The way back...6/21/08

6/15/08
Posted by Joedabaker on 6/23/08 3:49am
Trying to lighten the mood a little and think about skiing.
Nothing like skiing to take your mind off of some heavy duty thinking.
If I was a psychiatric Dr. I would prescribe skiing as the best way to get your mind straight, then I would go out of business because everyones problems would be solved, and then I would have to ski to forget my problems of losing my business.  ;)
Poor Kyle was frequently identified as a skier, yet he is a snowboarder... and a fine young man.

The boys would have been proud!
3 pictures NW Bullion Basin:
1) The Scotsman leaving it behind him.
2) Kyle not skiing-Where are your wool gloves you were wearing when it was 80 degrees?
3) Everyone leaves a mark on this world.

The most laughter shared was when a small snowbridge collapsed under Scotsman and he was boot deep in an ice cold stream or when I decided to rail ride the last vestiges of snow on the edge of a 20 ft trail burm.
Great pics.  Good deed this weekend.

Samthaman from VT is at the airport.  He had good things to say about skiing with you guys at Chinook Pass early in his PNW trip.  I hope to bump into you you someday.

Hi Joe!  So where are you skiing at locally these days...like in these pics.?

Here in Bend, I'm thinking of heading over to N. sister for a look... friends said two weekends ago everything looked in condition (though things can change mighty rapidly).   Century drive is open supposedly (from Bach. on out to Devils lake and s. sister trail hd.).

Yah work is not working as I have none and now I'm sicker than a dog...so as soon as I get my health back, it back to the mountains to fill my soul...

GOOD WEEK TO YOU,  Rich

Nice tracks guys -- a fitting farewell.

For the life of me, though, I can't figure out what Kyle's got going on in that second picture.  :)

Let's get out there and get some turns sometime soon fellas.

author=skierguitarist link=topic=10437.msg42178#msg42178 date=1214247630] So where are you skiing at locally these days...like in these pics.?

Rich,
There is plenty of snow up around Chinook and Sunrise may open in the upcoming weeks. If you PM me I can keep you up on the conditions if you want to know. These pictures were taken at Bullion basin, a bit of a hike with skis on the back. No need for climbing skins there.
It really was great to meet you touring on Bachelor a few weeks ago, you seem like a great guy!
I would really like to get down there to see more of that wonderful terrain that Bend has to offer!
Get better soon, you know what I prescribe...More skiing!

author=Marcus link=topic=10437.msg42179#msg42179 date=1214248746]
For the life of me, though, I can't figure out what Kyle's got going on in that second picture.  :)

Let's get out there and get some turns sometime soon fellas.

That picture is amazing, he was riding off a snow berm right below me. Somehow the snow was in his face and on a rooster tail at the same time of the picture, but he was on his board dragging his fingers. Cool!

Let me know when you want to go skiing and we will make it happen.
Joe

Kyle told me he's trying to learn how to do headstands while riding...I guess it's easier to try on corn than on pow...;)  Nice tracks guys!

Ha ha that picture is great but I dont remember dragging my forehead on the slope ???. I really like digging into those berms you were right when you said it looked like I was falling and as to the whole skiing thing I consider myself a skier as I'm skinning 90% of the time.

On sunday I went up to Chinook pass and attempted to nail the prominent chute we had noticed from the ridge. After rock climbing some nasty headwalls I gave up on the west face then attempted to access it from the ridge which was way to sketchy. I finally gave up and sat on the summit of 6597 for a few hours listening to the helicopters, the mountains have always been my place of therapy.

Sorry Joeda Mission Failed

Dude, that's a sweet pic though!

author=Kyle Miller link=topic=10437.msg42211#msg42211 date=1214264749]
Ha ha that picture is great but I dont remember dragging my forehead on the slope ???.

On sunday I went up to Chinook pass and attempted to nail the prominent chute we had noticed from the ridge.

Sorry Joeda Mission Failed

It is an interesting photo, I don't remember seeing skid marks on your face.

Good attempt, that slope is a ways away, nice picture. Not a failed mission, just another day to go out and have fun.

Reply to this TR

the-way-back-6-21-08
Joedabaker
2008-06-23 10:49:10