Home > Trip Reports > 2008.07.15, Jack Mountain, South Face

2008.07.15, Jack Mountain, South Face

7/15/08
Posted by skykilo on 6/16/08 4:41am

Oh baby, this was a serious object of lust.  So far away, impossible to hit the south face early enough for a one-day, plus carry the gear it might require.

And yet so painful carrying skiing, climbing, and overnight gear to Jerry Lakes.

We encountered great corn during each of a half-dozen descents over the course of two days.

The South Face required "Beckey 3rd/Nelson 4th" to gain access, sporty in the ski boots.  Only one short rappel then a moat huck interrupted this piste nonpareil, a small price to pay for some of the most ripper sustained steep corn I've had the pleasure to ski.  Also one of the best summit views of the North Cascades I've seen. 

The snow was there.  If only the logistics were with us to do this thing justice for 6k of sustained to Crater Creek, where we could see plenty of slide debris in the valley. 

Thanks for a great weekend, Eric.
I am certainly jealous I couldn't be there with you, but for the fact Adams was so pristine and wonderful, I don't feel so bad. Great photos and way to get up in there.

;D 8)

On a side note, thanks for dinner the other night.

Nice job getting that one gentlemen. Sweet.

u r still nuts.

I love it.

God, that's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen....

I don't believe it.  That's all just photoshoped. :D 

J/k, way to slay it right!  That is sick.  Unreal sick.  Nice work!

WAY TO FULLFILL ANOTHER DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How steep was the pitch up there ?,  Thanks Rob

Nice Work!  There is a ton of snow up there..

Jack is a great place, and I agree with the fact that it has some of the best views in the range.

C'est bien, slick. You too Eric.

Reply to this TR

2008-07-15-jack-mountain-south-face
skykilo
2008-06-16 11:41:04