Home > Trip Reports > November 20, 2003, Crystal

November 20, 2003, Crystal

11/20/03
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by snoslut on 11/20/03 4:56pm
I wuz there too and boy wuz it great.  Face shots every run, not too crowded early, and the weather seemed to cooperate.  From time to time the valley and the front side would trade off being socked in.  Oh in the afternoon the sun tried to break thru as well for a minute or two.  Wuz in the teens so snow wuz on the lighter side.  I wuz the second chair up Rex and soon after it broke for 15 minutes or so.  So those first 3 or 4 runs in Green Valley were phat.  No tracks around except mine but that did not last long.  Once everything got tracked I took a little hike to Upper Exterminator.  Wuz worth the 5 mins or so of hiking for knee to waist deep turns on 35 to 40+ degrees terrain.  And that's pretty much how my day finished.  Only bummer wuz not being able to enjoy some Snowcap after a great day cause Sal's (Bull Wheel) wasn't open.  Anyway not even the slow traffic could get me down on the way home after a day like to today.  I like to earn my turns but how could anyone refuse to pay $20 to let the lifts do all the work (when there working) so you can rack up run after run of that funny white stuff.

Reply to this TR

november-20-2003-crystal-2
snoslut
2003-11-21 00:56:09