Home > Trip Reports > June 8, 2008, Longs Pass - Fortune Mtn

June 8, 2008, Longs Pass - Fortune Mtn

6/8/08
Posted by md2020 on 6/8/08 2:43pm
What a beautiful day in the Teanaway. Brenda and I made a tour up through Longs Pass down to Ingalls Creek then up into Headlight Basin and down the southeast face of Fortune Mtn. This was the first time we had skied throgh Longs Pass, and weren't sure what to expect. Had a good strip of snow for skinning to Longs Pass, starting well below the Ingalls Pass junction. After a short down climb to avoid the steep cornice remnants at Longs Pass, the northeast slope skied very nice. Everywhere the 3" or so of new over the last couple days has really smoothed things out. We skied down towards Ingalls Crk and traversed around some rockbands at around 5600', the climbed up the gully before Headlight Crk. More northeast slopes down into Headlight Basin, then the final climb up Fortune and the final ski out. Approaches into the southeast face have been reset to where they were 2 weeks ago. Long day for us.

Nice one, Michael.

Beautiful day, nice photos.  The track in the second shot are from my group of five coming off Fortune for a run down Headlight Basin. We then traversed back to the SE bowl for the run down to the trail. Great day!

author=russ link=topic=10273.msg41428#msg41428 date=1213082964]
The track in the second shot are from my group of five coming off Fortune for a run down Headlight Basin. We then traversed back to the SE bowl for the run down to the trail. Great day!

We saw you all putting in those tracks and climbing out. Snow in there felt really good as we climbed it, but we were too tired and it was too late to do a lap.

author=russ link=topic=10273.msg41428#msg41428 date=1213082964]
Beautiful day, nice photos.  The track in the second shot are from my group of five coming off Fortune for a run down Headlight Basin. We then traversed back to the SE bowl for the run down to the trail. Great day!

Russ, our party of 3 were descending the SE bowl of Fortune as your party was ascending.  Your group seemed to be having fun on such a lovely day.

Steve, good to put a face with the name. It was such a fine day, everyone seemed to love harvesting the corn!

Reply to this TR

june-8-2008-longs-pass-fortune-mtn
md2020
2008-06-08 21:43:32