Home > Forum > Mountain Conditions Thanks!

Mountain Conditions Thanks!

• J.P.
  • [J.P.]
More
17 Nov 2003 14:12 #168609 by J.P.
Mountain Conditions Thanks! was created by J.P.
Charles -<br><br>Thanks for making it so easy to quickly update ourselves with regard to backcountry and mountain conditions from the wide variety of sites you have consolidated here.<br><br>I know for myself that being able to do this quickly each day without hopping all over the web truly helps to keep me better educated and hopefully able to make better decisions that result in more enjoyable and safer trips.<br><br>For those who have not gotten in the habit of checking yet this season, the NWAC has their first update of the new season now posted and easily accessed from TAY.<br><br>Thanks Again!<br>J.P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
17 Nov 2003 15:25 - 17 Nov 2003 15:27 #168610 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: Mountain Conditions Thanks!
J.P., you are welcome. My experience has been the same as you describe - by making a quick check (or two or three) every day, it becomes possible to get a very good idea about what conditions are like in the mountains. For the weather browser I have selected the links I find most useful in making these quick checks, but I am always open to hearing about other web resources which might enhance the weather browsing experience...<br><br>Along those lines, I keep considering the Snotel network of telemetry stations. I think there must be a group of stations which would be handy to have included in the weather browser, but I just haven't found the time to really go through them and figure out which ones. If anyone is knowledgable about these stations WRT backcountry skiing, I'd love to get your suggestions.<br><br>I forgot to add that I just found out that NWAC added a new telemetry station at Sunrise (!), and I will add that to the weather browser when I have a chance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.