Home > Trip Reports > May 25, 2008, Cowboy Corn

May 25, 2008, Cowboy Corn

5/25/08
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by bobS on 5/29/08 5:03am
Deteriorating weather (forcast!) precipitated a rain check on the planned overnight north-cascade trip, and while getting on the highway around 4:45 Sunday morning a short downpour had us questing our plans yet again. Heading towards the mountains things looked dark and grim straight east above Snoqualmie pass, but the sky looked clear to the north so we hung a left on 405 and headed for Stevens Pass where skies were clear and sunny all morning. Firm snow made for a quick trip up to the ridge, then yo-yoed excellent corn from the summit to about 1,000 feet down the back, returning to the summit 3 times and finally dropping in the highway 2 side to find some waiting Heineken tall cans buried in the snow. All of Saturday€™s grumbling & regrets long forgotten.
Fine post-season tour---didja see many snowmoes? 
I took my pet up there the weekend after closing one year and found out she was a Corn Dog---one of my favorite solo trips.

There were a couple 'bilers ziping around somewhere in the distance at one point, but they were far enough away so you couldn't smell 'em.
It is not exactly a back to nature tour anyway... but still, they don't let dirt bikes up there in the summer... ???

Reply to this TR

may-25-2008-cowboy-corn
bobS
2008-05-29 12:03:42