Home > Forum > eatery recommendations - Seattle to Paradise?

eatery recommendations - Seattle to Paradise?

• Larry_R
  • [Larry_R]
More
29 May 2008 10:21 #181872 by Larry_R
Finger lickin' foodies that we are, John M and I were wondering if some of the Paradise regulars would be willing to post their recommendations for restaurants and coffee shops along the route from Seattle to Paradise. Or short reviews for that matter. One of my long time favorites, The Wild Berry, is now closed, and has been for a while I gather.

What are your favorite stops?

Larry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• The_Snow_Troll
  • [The_Snow_Troll]
More
29 May 2008 15:28 #181873 by The_Snow_Troll
Replied by The_Snow_Troll on topic Re: eatery recommendations - Seattle to Paradise?
Scale Burgers in Elbe. I've been eating there for as long as I remember...even before I started skiing!

Top Choice: Overload Burger, Fries & Strawberry-Chocolate Shake

Warning: Warm days it fills with tourists & locals and the wait can be troublesome.

Avoid: Chili Dog Platter (AKA the 'Splatter Platter' - nuff said)

• ultragrrl
  • [ultragrrl]
More
29 May 2008 15:47 #181874 by ultragrrl
I like the Copper Creek Inn. Berry tasty breakfast. Dinner and lunch are pretty good too (veg friendly options too). Plus, on a nice sunshiny day you can sit outside and enjoy a nice cold brew and some foodz after a hard day on the mountain :D

More
29 May 2008 18:50 #181875 by ron j
Ahh - a subject this geezer can sink his teeth into (no pun intended) ;-)
On the breakfast side of the tour we favor the Tall Timbers in Eatonville (on Mashell, one block west of the main drag) for great "local logger" fare.  Or, if a place closer to Rainier is preferred, the Overland, east of Ashford (next to the Nisqually Lodge) is now putting out good breakfasts as well.
A bit further east (just before you get to the Wild Berry, Larry) I noticed that Alexander's has a breakfast sign out now; thinking of giving them a try myself sometime.
On the return trip all of the above also do a commendable job with lunch/dinner fare, plus the Mexican restaurant in Eatonville (between the Standard station and the motel) puts out great food and I am always impressed with the 'hustle" of the wait staff there.
IF you can hold out that long on the way home the Flying Tomato at 198th on Hwy 161 in Graham has award winning pizza and other italian.

• hillbilly
  • [hillbilly]
More
29 May 2008 19:07 #181876 by hillbilly
The Overland in  Ashford is a good choice and I think they still open at 6 am.Try the home made freezer jam on the biscuits -mmm - The dinner portions are huge--- Never left there hungry !!!

More
30 May 2008 19:31 #181882 by Robie
I'll second the Overland.
There is a funky Taquieria Autobusa on Meridian about 112th with outdoor seating. No beer but unbelieveably the convenice store next door has a open patio that adjoins the taquireo tables. The condiment tray is peppers and pepper variations.
I go there to wonder at the sheetmetal work .
Enjoy!

• Larry_R
  • [Larry_R]
More
30 May 2008 19:41 #181883 by Larry_R
Thanks for all the great recommendations folks,

I'll see if I can turn them in to a POI file for my Nuvi GPS.  :)

Low calorie, low fat, low sodium, low everything suggestions (for me) and veggie recommendations (for John and me too) greatly appreciated.

By the way, the buffalo burger that I had, and the grilled salmon sandwich that John had at the Paradise Inn were both quite nice. And when you eat there I always get the feeling that you are a part of living history.

Larry

More
30 May 2008 20:39 #181885 by Don_B
The RMI compound in Ashford has a friendly coffee shop by the bunkhouse, and now that it's warmer, their outdoor dining area at the opposite side makes good burgers with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, red onions and cold beer at picnic tables on the lawn or under the shed. Great last weekend on a nice sunny afternoon.

If you can make it as far as South Hill at Puyallup, the Tokyo Stop Teriyaki on the south side of the road is much better than the usual teriyaki hut. A real family run Japanese soul food place, quick and inexpensive and good. 12702 Meridian E.

• Andrew Carey
  • [acarey]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
31 May 2008 10:11 #181886 by Andrew Carey
Replied by Andrew Carey on topic Re: eatery recommendations - Seattle to Paradise?
I recently had lunch at the very small Chinese place arcross the street from the Shell station & hardware store just as you leave Eatonville heading to MR; not bad at all, rel. cheap, good portions; esp. good if you are rice & veg lover.

• Gary Vogt
  • [vogtski]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
31 May 2008 18:24 #181890 by Gary Vogt
If all else fails, try Plaza Market at the flashing light in Eatonvillage...surprisingly good fruit & veggie selection at competitive prices...the deli runs toward roasted flesh, but a small grocery survives on service & I bet they will do custom sandwiches...open 8-11, no plastic, but there is a bandit cash machine.

More
03 Jun 2008 15:41 #181898 by Monika

funky Taquieria Autobusa on Meridian about 112th

I think this is a different one but if I go through Puyallup on the way home I stop at the taco bus immediately across the road/main drag from the McDonalds farthest north. They're open 'til 10pm. very quick, super nice and great authentic inexpensive mexican food.

More
03 Jun 2008 20:52 #181900 by Robie
Monica ,I think it's the same one. You enter the bus like a passenger and instead of the drivers seat they have a TV in that spot always tuned to Football or spanish language soap operas. Later in the evening it's a good place to pick up some language tips. Beyond that I dream of having a party at my house or somebodys clubhouse with that Taco Bus and a mariachi band.

More
20 Jun 2008 20:37 #182098 by marcr
Copper creek Inn is awesome for lunch and dinner. Good beer selection and deserts.

I'm not a huge fan of scaleburger, but I haven't been eating beef for a few years, so I'm sure I'm not getting the goods when I stop there.