Ben

• ron j
  • [ron_j]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 Nov 2003 05:39 #168601 by ron j
Ben was created by ron j
For those of you that seldom frequent the pages of Telemark Tips, there's a couple of threads over there carrying very sad news of the loss of one the most impressive of our bretheren, Ben Manfredi.<br>See:<br>www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12238

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• snoslut
  • [boarddude]
More
12 Nov 2003 08:07 #168602 by snoslut
Replied by snoslut on topic Re: Ben
Very sorry to hear about Ben. Losing someone this special is always difficult so my best hopes and wishes go out to all his family and friends. Just remember Ben passed doing something he loved and had a passion for that few could compare. Just check out &lt;cascadeclassics.org&gt;.<br><br>In my opinion it is not tragic to die doing what you love. Not too many people can say that but it maybe better than the alternatives.<br><br>Even though gone, the spirit of Ben will live on thru family, friends, cascadeclassics.org, and everytime he is remembered.

More
12 Nov 2003 08:11 #168603 by NickD
Replied by NickD on topic Re: Ben
I met Ben during a Baker bc trip this past winter. After intros I asked are you the Ben who skied the north face of Maude last summer. He modestly said yes and told me of some of his future plans for the next spring. He made it sound like all very basic stuff (which it definitely was not). This comes back to the saying that the really good ones don't need to brag, others will do it for them. His modesty showed which he was.<br>Condolences go out to his friends and family. Think of the best of times with him.

• Jason_H.
  • [Jason_H.]
More
25 Nov 2003 09:15 #168635 by Jason_H.
Replied by Jason_H. on topic R.I.P Ben Manfredi
Thanks. He was a good person. The funeral was beautiful! 250+ people showed up. There was a slide show, food, and stories along with photos. <br><br>Family and friends appreciated all of the posts here and elsewhere. Again, thanks for your kind words and as always, keep adventuring, be safe, and enjoy all that nature has to offer. <br><br>On a side note, I didn't know how to feel about keeping up my ski streak, but I thought ben would expect nothing less, so I went out and immersed myself in the storm. I felt lost (and ended up lost) without Ben's leadership, but it was all good. The mountains are a good place to forget everything but the here and now... <br><br>Jason Hummel

• ron j
  • [ron_j]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Nov 2003 09:34 #168636 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: R.I.P Ben Manfredi

The mountains are a good place to forget everything but the here and now... <br>

<br>You sure hit that nail right on the head, Jason.<br>Best to ya.<br>