Home > Trip Reports > May 23, 2008, Stevens Pass delight

May 23, 2008, Stevens Pass delight

5/23/08
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Oyvind_Henningsen on 5/23/08 12:38pm
Called my wife and said - get the kid out of school early, its a great day to go skiing!  For the last year my 9 y.o son has been asking me when he gets to go telemark skiing.  I was going to postpone it a couple of more years, but gave in.  Thank you very much to Khahn who donated a pair of her old skis and skins and to Paul for providing the bindings.  Found a good pair of unused teleboots at second ascent that completed the set up.  Left Bothell at 1 pm today and traffic through Monroe was already backing up.  We were skinning up Daisy a little before 3 pm in ever increasing rain.  Glad we had brought raingear.  I was really proud of him as he was trotting along on his skis with heel lifters up.  We practiced track setting and terrain reading on the way up to the top of the Hogsback chair were we went into the ski patroller shack for a drink and a snack.  If I had been proud of him going uphill I got even more proud of him after we ripped the hides.  He was just the coolest looking knee dipping tree fairy I have seen in a while.  Definitely needs to be repeated!
There must be something in those Norwegian genes Oyvind, he looks great!  Nice moves.  Glad to see those old G3's could be so well used.  I think you have a new ski partner there.  :)  Maybe he and Tom should compare gear sometime http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=9867.0

Paul

It's great to see another trail breaker join the community.  ;D

now zap, do you really expect a 9 yo to break trail for you?    ;D

Very nice, nothing better than skiing with your son or daughter. Wait till they start getting better than you.  ;)

Pretty cool Oyvind.

Reply to this TR

may-23-2008-stevens-pass-delight
Oyvind_Henningsen
2008-05-23 19:38:43