Home > Forum > Discounted Ascension skins all widths/composition

Discounted Ascension skins all widths/composition

• wolfs
  • [wolfs]
More
03 Nov 2003 09:33 - 04 Nov 2003 06:32 #168588 by wolfs
@ Sierra Trading Post<br> www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/dept_id...rod_list_display.htm <br>I've bought a fair amount of stuff from these folks and they're prompt and reliable. Check out the '100 percent artificial bovine hide' models ... tres vache chic<br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2003 00:06 #168589 by ron j
Great lead, wolfs.<br>Thanks.

• Joedabaker
  • [Joedabaker]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
04 Nov 2003 00:22 #168590 by Joedabaker
Does anyone have any experience or friends with the lightweight Bovine skins? If so, what is your opinion? Are they a reliable skin setup? <br>Thanks

More
04 Nov 2003 02:03 #168591 by ron j
Kam's got some.<br>He says they're great.

More
05 Nov 2003 02:43 #168593 by kam
Joe,<br><br>I have a pair for my Rossi MegaBangs (123 mm wide at the shovel). I bought the wide 110mm skins and trimmed them to fit....wall-to-wall carpet! The skins being lightweight is nice since my setup is such a tank. The glue works well and because they are so wide, I have a hard time peeling them apart, especially when it's cold, but that's no big deal. Overall, I think they work great. As you are aware, there's a tip loop and a tail clip similar to G3's design (unless they've changed over to the Ascension tip/tail clip). Anyway, I own about three other pairs of skins, with different tip/tail fastening options and I like the G3 style the best. However, my only concern with the G3 tail "strap" is that eventually it will break off. I'm starting to see a slight indication of the wear and tear after one season of use (but it could be that I skin over rocks ;D). If you're concerned, ask Ron J about his patented tip/tail securing ideas!<br><br>-kam

• Joedabaker
  • [Joedabaker]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Nov 2003 06:18 #168595 by Joedabaker
Thanks for the beta on the gear! It is helpful for my purchasing plans. Snow is on the way. Have a great time!<br>Joe