Home > Trip Reports > May 10, 2008, Anthony Lakes, Lees Peak

May 10, 2008, Anthony Lakes, Lees Peak

5/10/08
Posted by Ian on 5/11/08 1:50pm
Set off Saturday morning to take a break from finals. Drove down and parked at the Anthony Lakes Ski area, as has been closed for almost a month the parking lot was empty. Still plenty of snow on the ground though.

As we skinned from Anthony Lake to Hoffer Lake we went from worrying about the coverage to worrying if it was going to soften up enough with all the clouds. When we hit Hoffer Lake at 10 am nothing had really started to soften at all.

The climb from Hoffer Lake up the western flank of Lees Peak was great, the sun came out and it became a gorgeous day. After figuring out a route that worked for my partners skinny skins the climb up was quick on the hard morning snow.

Managed to time our mid-morning snack/lunch perfectly and by the time we were done the snow had corned perfectly.

Busted out two laps on the east facing slope and we were back in the car by 2pm.

Looks like there should be full coverage through the beginning of June (but thats just my wild ass guess).

Sorry no photos, but I'm finally going to get a camera on Friday!
author=Ian link=topic=10034.msg40438#msg40438 date=1210567827]

Sorry no photos, but I'm finally going to get a camera on Friday!

Darn!  Looked up that way on a recent drive to Boise and said to my friends, "I really want to know what it looks like up in there."  Had a great lunch in Baker City in some pizza/sandwich place with red brick walls, a bustling atmos., and good service.
Post any kind of photos from the area if you got any.
Glad to hear you found some good terrain back there.
John

Reply to this TR

may-10-2008-anthony-lakes-lees-peak
Ian
2008-05-11 20:50:27