Home > Trip Reports > October 25, 2003, Muir Snowfields

October 25, 2003, Muir Snowfields

10/25/03
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by snoslut on 10/26/03 11:32pm
I too wuz up there Saturday and must say that conditions were great.  Wuz really nice corn.  I left the parking lot at Paradise around 7:30 ish.  Only other person I saw going up was a free-heeler.  By the time I caught up with him, couple hundred feet above McClure Rock, he wuz working on his 3rd lap.  We were the only ones up there for moment so it seemed.  Well that's about as high as I made it.  There wuz a nice patch here that offered anywhere from 500 to 700ft.  Not worth the effort to go any higher after seeing the only other boarder make an attempt to ride from just under Anvil.  Boy did it look like he had his work cut out for him as he fell and slid into rocks, bare spots, and dirt.  Anyway about 20 minutes later a couple of my ski buds showed up.  One of them decided to shoot some footage.  Can't wait to see how it turned out.  Anyway the only thing I forgot wuz the oranges (Guiness).  On the way down I saw a rush of people with skis on their backs making there way up.  Must have been around noon or before.  I got back to my car around 12:30 and made it home to see the da cougs beat da beavs.
Here's the footage, but, sorry... your scenes were cut...
The file's about 8.5 Meg, my first attempt at posting a streaming video. Hope you have fast internet service, let me know how it works.

http://home.comcast.net/~miller.j3/October_Turns.wmv

jm

Link works fine.  "Living on the Edge" was a bit much though  ;)

Reply to this TR

october-25-2003-muir-snowfields
snoslut
2003-10-27 07:32:13