Home > Forum > New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!

New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!

• paul_smith
  • [paul_smith]
More
07 Dec 2004 10:35 #170260 by paul_smith
Replied by paul_smith on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
I'm in as well! And I'll even donate a pair of K2 Piste Stinx 190 if Charles would like them. Still mostly in shrink rap. ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2004 11:29 #170261 by Eric_N
Replied by Eric_N on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
Me too. <br><br>Notice the snow since this thread began? 7" at Snoqulmie, 9 at Paridise, 10 at Crystal so far.<br><br>It would jinx the NW to brake the tradition now.

• JibberD
  • [JibberD]
More
07 Dec 2004 12:09 #170263 by JibberD
Replied by JibberD on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
JibberD's on the bandwagon.<br><br>At this rate, maybe we can get Charles elected to President in 2008. <br><br>-Doug O

• andrejsd
  • [andrejsd]
More
07 Dec 2004 12:41 #170264 by andrejsd
Replied by andrejsd on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
I'm in too. This is a great enough idea to bump me out of my normal lurking mode. Besides, how could one ignore a personal appeal from JW!

• silaswild
  • [silaswild]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
07 Dec 2004 13:20 #170265 by silaswild
Replied by silaswild on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
I live pretty close to Sir Charles, can be collection point for contributions if folks don't want to use paypal or send direct to him. Or should somebody just open a TAY bank account, we can fill it up, then write a big check to Charles? I for one am not a Paypal user, and a little embarrassed to send check direct to Charles. Maybe too old school?<br><br>Charles, are you lurking out there?

• JW
  • [JW]
More
07 Dec 2004 13:39 - 07 Dec 2004 13:41 #170266 by JW
I think we should be patient and see how Charles wants to manage the influx of green.  8)  I'd say were off to a great start on the first annual TAY PAY fund raising event !  

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
07 Dec 2004 18:58 #170270 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
Wow, look what happens when I don't check in for a couple of days - I guess I should be absent more often! I'm actually still in town, but just been too busy with everything else.<br><br>This is a topic which I have been thinking about recently, because the site's monthly use of data transfer has been creeping up steadily, and will probably exceed my limit this month (10 gig of transfer). This increase is largely due to the TRs - it looks like they now use about 60% of the transfer. Ron is right in saying that I have been wanting to avoid either advertising or membership fees, although I get the impression that not everyone feels as strongly as I do about advertising.<br><br>I will gladly accept donations. This is another of the options I have thought about, so now that it has come up, let's see what happens with the idea. If they add up to something like my costs to operate this growing forum, then there would be no reason for me to pursue the other options which I dislike (and it would save me time, too).<br><br>I do have a Paypal account, and their system seems to work well and be fair. Below I will insert a graphic that has the email to use with that service - might be a little hard to read, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out what it is (I have copied this idea from others, in the hope that the address won't get picked up).<br> <br><br>I don't have any problem with checks (except for the fact that it is so easy to find everyone's personal details on the web). Rather than posting my address here, people could just use the links provided to look it up (my name is at the bottom of every page). I also don't have a problem with Silas' idea, as long as he doesn't take too big of a cut as the middleman!<br><br>I really appreciate all of the offers here, and your words of support. It has been a pleasure to watch TAY grow, and to find out how many great people are skiing and willing to share information for the benefit of all.

More
08 Dec 2004 06:52 - 08 Dec 2004 06:56 #170273 by russ
Replied by russ on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
Okay, now that Charles has responded let's put our money where are mouths (finger?) are and follow through. I think I'll go with Silas as the middleman since I know that he rarely buys new gear, his percentage should be extremely low.  ;)<br><br><br>p.s. Charles - do you want checks made out to you or TAY?

• Randito
  • [Randito]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
08 Dec 2004 08:48 #170274 by Randito
Replied by Randito on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
I've completed my donation via paypal...<br><br>Thanks for hosting this wonderful site Charles!!!<br><br>

More
08 Dec 2004 14:33 #170275 by mattd
Replied by mattd on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
Wow! Charles has on occasion discussed operating costs and ways to defray some of the costs, but this is pretty amazing! This is an awesome group that has volunteered to pay for services that they use. . .hmmm, what a strange concept. Thanks a lot Charles, my payment will be in the form of zip disks!<br><br>Matt

• Paul_Russell
  • [Paul_Russell]
More
08 Dec 2004 15:43 #170276 by Paul_Russell
Replied by Paul_Russell on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
I'm in. This is an invaluable resource. Thanks to Charles for his contributions.

More
09 Dec 2004 15:20 #170282 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
Just PayPal'ed it in . . .

More
10 Dec 2004 07:01 #170288 by Kenji
Replied by Kenji on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
I'm in, it's in wire. Thanks Charles.

• Sam Avaiusini
  • [savaiusini]
More
10 Dec 2004 20:50 #170291 by Sam Avaiusini
Replied by Sam Avaiusini on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
:)Just paypal'ed as well...<br>Keep it up, Charles.<br>Merry Christmas!

More
11 Dec 2004 01:03 #170292 by JMor
Replied by JMor on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
Thanks for all the great TAY site Charles, the check is in the mail ;D<br><br>Happy Holidays

More
11 Dec 2004 03:45 #170293 by RossMac
Replied by RossMac on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
I also think this is a great idea and am sending a check. Did Charles ever answer whether they should be sent to TAY or him (I assume to Charles). As a non-techie and non-paypal user, it took me about a half-hour to sort through the threads and the internet to figure out a way to get the money to the right place. Since there is so much support and there may be many others like me who would like to support this but don't have the time or skills to hunt for a place to send money, it would be great if there could be a connection with a clear way to support right at the beginning of a thread. Thanks for a great site!

• JW
  • [JW]
More
11 Dec 2004 12:33 #170294 by JW
Good point there Ross. Hopefully I'm not out of line in making a page with ways to donate. Go to home.comcast.net/~dan-jer/taypay.htm

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
12 Dec 2004 16:10 #170300 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: New Turns All Year Tradition !!!!!!
Thank you, Jerry, for taking charge, and thanks very much to everyone who has made a donation. You have been very generous! I'm sorry that I haven't been around much to help make this go a little smoother, but I have been preoccupied with helping my parents make progress with a very difficult situation. When I have more time, I will see about making it easier to find the specifics about making a donation, as RossMac has suggested.