Home > Forum > 11-2010 Alpental Chair 2 - National Monument or ?

11-2010 Alpental Chair 2 - National Monument or ?

• Snow Bell
  • [Snow Bell]
More
07 Nov 2010 00:21 #216009 by Snow Bell

ouch, no I might suggest to you that,
Snow, is NEVER the SAME. Snow in fact is a representation of something in a constant state of change. For me, the snow is animate, its my secret friend and so unfortunately I might suggest to you, that your Schlutism is clever yes, its fun sure, its even tricky to say but, it is wrong.
Please forgive my insolence,
BillyTheMountain

It is never wrong to expound the Schluct. 

Snow is as you know dynamic; neither alike - the very white antithesis of static- and in this way as in all others, it continues to be as it always has been; it is as it was once again.

Snow is both opaque and transparent! Schluctism

This wisdom of Schluct is affirmed by the photons manifestation of wave particle duality.  The song of Schluct is sung in many tongues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
07 Nov 2010 00:37 - 07 Nov 2010 00:49 #216010 by BillyTheMountain
Replied by BillyTheMountain on topic Re: 11-2010 Alpental Chair 2 - National Monument or ?
Am I to read that, in alpinistic terms, YOU, Billy The Mountain are to be recognized as the sole incarnation of Schluct?
Have you always been Schluct?
Are you first generation Schluct or was your momma a Schluct?

Just like there is the mountain, there is Schluct. Schluct has always been there and never been there. Schluct is pure singular consciousness that is very white in color and feels like little FLAKES holding you up. You move in a DOWNWARD direction quickly and deftly across many small crystals. This movement causes transformation and puts the Schluctologee into a higher state of consciousness. Thus each descent Leeds to an ascent of consciousness.

Also just a gentle reminder, there is no virtue in the mountains, only singularity.

The mountains care nay of virtue or not of virtue. Let ye be aware of up and down first, the lordy's wine will follow in late of day in a magic place called, Lot 3.
Tomas de Canon seer and court composer for the high court of Schluct.

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Nov 2010 01:02 #216011 by Scotsman
Attachments:

• Snow Bell
  • [Snow Bell]
More
07 Nov 2010 01:10 #216012 by Snow Bell

Also just a gentle reminder, there is no virtue in the mountains, only singularity.

The mountains are not sentient; they are not insentient. We ourselves are not sentient; we are not insentient. We can have no doubts that the mountains lack none of their proper virtues.  Since the virtues of the mountain are high and broad, the spiritual power to ride the clouds is always mastered from the mountains, and the marvelous ability to follow the wind is inevitably liberated from the mountains.

Frozen, it harder than diamond; who could break it? Melted, it is softer than milk; who could break it?  -The Art of Schluct

More
07 Nov 2010 22:08 #216015 by Matt
A skeleton walked into a bar and asked for a beer and a mop.

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
08 Nov 2010 12:07 #216016 by BillyTheMountain
Replied by BillyTheMountain on topic The Lift Cable Spiral of Consciousness
The Lift Cable Spiral of Consciousness
The golden mean lift connection of light energy is defined in its pure form here. Standing in the lift line it fools you into believing in what you see because the SPIRAL ENERGY in the cable forms a CONDUIT to a higher-consciousness.
The lift cable is a mobius strip, a loop eternal, a zygote, a physical connection with someplace you just can’t see, this is the way you sit down on the MOVING chair. Wide-eyed and vulnerable, but you will not ever be the same again. The SPIRAL vortex of energy is a place that you can send THOUGH on a different dimension. You SPEED UP TIME HERE. You think it is slowed and that is part of your dis-connectedness training. AS soon as you sit on the MOVING chair your mind is ON TOP and SKIING down already! Notice how the vortex ALWAYS GOES UP, down is only to repeat what we already know and to, try it again. Once your vessel gets it, words vanish and understanding fills the vacuum.

“Need breaks iron.”
[Ralph Waldo Emerson]

From the book, THE ART OF ALPENTAL copyright2010, DO NOT PUBLISH WITHOUT PERMISSION

• Joedabaker
  • [Joedabaker]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Nov 2010 13:07 #216017 by Joedabaker
Who needs a new chairlift if that is the type of thinking that goes on? It's really hard to take this proposal seriously when the thinking of the presenter is multidimensional and way over the tips of the skis.

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
08 Nov 2010 16:30 - 26 Nov 2010 03:31 #216018 by BillyTheMountain
Replied by BillyTheMountain on topic Re: 11-2010 Alpental Chair 2 - National Monument or ?
Please, lighten up.

As far as I can tell, NO PERSON SUPPORTS THIS simplistic and back-ward idea so WTHell are you talking about?

Also, THE MESSENGER doesn't matter, unless you are a professional debunker type.

This threads "Management" reserves the right to change there minds at anytime, That's the idea when you create dialogue and (sometimes in creative) ways to communicate because, otherwise, possibly, in certain places and times, I humbly suggest to your honors, life can be boring and predictable. For example, the previous post in this thread.

Ja will provide.
Rasta saying
Attachments:

• Joedabaker
  • [Joedabaker]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Nov 2010 19:30 - 08 Nov 2010 19:35 #216019 by Joedabaker
You crack me up BTM.  ;D I do enjoy your style and yes it's not the same ole' thread. You do offer a breath of fresh air, just if I take that breath around you I might not pass a piss test.

Your right, messengers come in many forms and should be accepted as what it is. That way Jesus doesn't have to come back to earth to save chair two. But in this case I'm sensing a messenger who's a righteous bulldozer with an eclectic, tangential, Rastafarian operator.
I'm grateful that the messenger was you instead of other options like let's say a major earthquake, flood, plague, Phillis Diller or atomic bomb.

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Nov 2010 21:35 #216020 by Scotsman
Attachments:

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
09 Nov 2010 01:00 #216021 by BillyTheMountain
I am glad that you are amused, that is good.

In the mountains, we are brothers. Psalm 113

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
09 Nov 2010 01:07 #216022 by BillyTheMountain

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
16 Nov 2010 00:30 #216034 by BillyTheMountain
Replied by BillyTheMountain on topic What's the deal?
This is a picture of (the corner) of the ORIGINAL ALPENTAL hand-painted map by Dee Molenaar himself! 1978. You can see the signature in the bottom left corner of this picture.
I have this incredible map on my wall right next to my bed. Think of the possibilities.

OK so the "A" in Alpental has a symbol in the center of it. My question is this.
WHY is the symbol on ALL THE ALPENTAL MEMORABILIA have a SIX pointed symbol? I assume it is a snowflake which makes sense because a snowflake (and there are LOTS of flakes at Alpental) has six points.
BUT the original map hand-painted by the famous Dee Molenaar shows a 8 pointed symbol which I assume is an Edelweiss flower! Please refer to the picture in this post.
Please comment or just tell me, What's the deal?
BillyTheMountain

Snow lays but it never lies. Schluctism
Attachments:

• Keith_Henson
  • [Keith_Henson]
More
16 Nov 2010 07:53 #216036 by Keith_Henson
Replied by Keith_Henson on topic Re: What's the deal?

BUT the original map hand-painted by the famous Dee Molenaar shows a 8 pointed symbol which I assume is an Edelweiss flower! Please refer to the picture in this post.
Please comment or just tell me, What's the deal?
BillyTheMountain

Why don't you e-mail Dee and ask him? He's a nice guy and I've corresponded with him in the past. Go here to e-mail: www.mountainexperience.com/Shops/Maps/index.htm

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
16 Nov 2010 19:05 - 16 Nov 2010 19:38 #216037 by BillyTheMountain
Here is a crappy picture of THE MAP.
The area pictured here is only part of the map. This is the Alpental BC. The map is very detailed and great to just gaze at it and try and see (on the map) where you skied that day! D. Molenaar got this map down to the tree and shadow. Amazing SKI MAP artistry!
When this map was done in 1978, only the most basic of runs were named. Now there are 100's of names that we have made up or changed or have mangled by time and ego. For example, Mach's Couloir has been moved to where  Martin Bowl ACTUALLY is by some folks at Alpental completely missing where Mach's Couloir actually is. Mach's Couloir is a very nice steep run with lots of vertical, and you pop out of a sweet couloir at the top if you drop into it at the correct point. THE MAP shows exactly where Mach's Couloir is. Its a good choice when the snow is pow and its cold out. Slightly less hike to get there and its a sun exposed slope. Or in the spring, if you can get there in the morning, it picks up windblown powder and it does pile up fast!

Thank you D. Molenaar for the fantastic map. I am sorry the picture does not show the detail but that's on purpose!
BillyTheMountain
Attachments:

More
17 Nov 2010 09:22 #216038 by Mofro
I must admit, I've only been skiing at Alpental since 1980, after your revered map was drawn. But having on many an occasion the chance to ski with the Alpental pro patrol old guard, I would suggest the placement of Martin Bowl below Knoll 3 to be about as accurate as drawing a octagonal snowflake.

• gravitymk
  • [gravitymk]
More
17 Nov 2010 18:36 #216040 by gravitymk
I have to say that I am in agreement with Scot's on this one, especially his more recent posts...

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
18 Nov 2010 02:47 #216042 by BillyTheMountain

I would suggest the placement of Martin Bowl below Knoll 3 to be about as accurate as drawing a octagonal snowflake.

We could begin endless debate about which run is where and when it was named, I am not in to doing that much. I tend to lean towards the map but its all good. I don't really care WHAT the runs are called, it's mildly interesting to me at best.

The symbol in the Alpental "A" however is immensely intriguing and I am waiting for the real story. I emailed D. Molenaar but have not heard back from him...remember I pointed out that (I thought) the symbol was an Edelweiss FLOWER and NOT a snowflake at all.
BTM

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
20 Dec 2010 00:39 - 20 Dec 2010 01:16 #216249 by BillyTheMountain

The symbol in the Alpental "A" however is immensely intriguing and I am waiting for the real story. I emailed D. Molenaar but have not heard back from him...remember I pointed out that (I thought) the symbol was an Edelweiss FLOWER and NOT a snowflake at all.
BTM

Here is some proof/reference to the SYMBOL in the Alpental "A" is NOT a snowflake. It may be a Edelweiss FLOWER.
This is what I think it is in the original form on the ORIGINAL MAP, (see above).
Bob (Mickelson) then called his friend Warren Miller, the legendary producer of ski movies, and arranged for
Miller to come to Seattle. A few days later, Bob picked Miller up at the airport and brought him to
Snoqualmie Summit where I was waiting with a rented Bell B-200 helicopter in the Summit Ski Area
parking lot.
The chopper took us to the top of the mountain where our future Chair Two would unload. There,
Bob, Ted, a member of the U.S. Ski Team (we can’t remember her name) and I skied into the bowl on
the west side of the mountain, while Miller filmed us from the helicopter. The bowl dropped 1,100 feet
to a ridge at the tree line, where our future Chair One would terminate. Bob named the bowl Edelweiss
after his ski-clothing line, and the floral symbol of the high mountains.
Then we descended through the
trees to the valley floor, another 1,250 feet.

On a second run, we skied off the northeast side of the mountain as Miller filmed from the
hovering helicopter. We dropped into a narrow chute that funneled out onto a wide slope that was too
steep for vegetation to withstand avalanches. We named the run Internationale. Sports Illustrated later
described it as, “The nation’s steepest ski slope per square foot.”Alpental ~ James Griffin

www.summitatsnoqualmie.com/files/pdf/alp_history_doc.pdf

Snow is warm and comforting. - Schluctism

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
20 Dec 2010 01:11 - 20 Dec 2010 01:17 #216250 by BillyTheMountain
The genesis of the Alpental name

Alpental is not in the dictionary. Bob Mickelson, my partner and co-developer of the Alpental Ski
Area, made up the name. Bob combined the Swiss/German words alpen (alpine), and tal (valley), to
describe the mountain valley (Alpen tal)
located north of the Snoqualmie Pass summit in Washington State.
The genesis of Alpental occurred in December 1964 when Bob and I met for lunch at the Bavarian
Restaurant in Tacoma. We ate lunch together two or three days a week to review reports on our retail
and wholesale sporting-goods businesses.

www.summitatsnoqualmie.com/files/pdf/alp_history_doc.pdf

Snow can ascend or descend simultaneously. - Schluctism

• Mr.Doober
  • [Mr.Doober]
More
20 Dec 2010 17:23 #216258 by Mr.Doober
ETHELL was a tree
Growing off of his shoulder

Billy had two big
Caves for eyes,
With a cliff for a jaw
That would go up 'n down,
And whenever it did,
He'd puff out some dust,
And hack up a boulder
(HACK!)
Hack up a boulder
(HACK! HACK!)
Hack up a boulder
(HACK! HACK! HACK!)
Up a boulder

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
21 Dec 2010 17:20 - 24 Dec 2010 22:47 #216264 by BillyTheMountain

ETHELL was a tree
Growing off of his shoulder

Billy had two big
Caves for eyes,
With a cliff for a jaw
That would go up 'n down,
And whenever it did,
He'd puff out some dust,
And hack up a boulder
(HACK!)
Hack up a boulder
(HACK! HACK!)
Hack up a boulder
(HACK! HACK! HACK!)
Up a boulder

Ethel? I'm going on a vacation!
BillyTheMountain (friend of Studebaker Hawk, new and excited superhero of the current economic slump)
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW
Billy The Mountain is a song by Frank Zappa, it is from the album: Just Another Band From L. A.
On it is Flo and Eddy, "The Turtles" and Franks INCREDIBLE WORK. Did you know that Frank Zappa PRODUCED and invented...Black Sabbath and MANY MANY other artists?
Please appreciate our NATIONAL TREASURER.

Snow SINGS to me and I am fine. - Schluctism

More
22 Dec 2010 11:50 #216273 by cjski
Maybe if you dropped some acid the chair would talk to you and give some direction on its future......

• Snow Bell
  • [Snow Bell]
More
22 Dec 2010 13:02 #216274 by Snow Bell
I tried that already.  Every chair wants to speak for itself and no clear consensus emerges.

....at least I think that is what I remember happening.  There was also people talking and maybe a tree or two.  It was pretty clear at the time....

No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place.  -Schulctism

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
22 Dec 2010 20:55 #216278 by BillyTheMountain
Why do "people" always equate ethnogenic substances with higher consciousness? There MUST be a reason! You don't NEED "acid" to experience the RELATIONSHIP that is you and the chairlift.
I think people that emphasis stereotypes like "acid" and so on have not had experiences with "acid" beyond "partying etc" and may just be a little slow to begin with in terms of self transformation and wisdom.
I suggest you take your god given vege's and go sit in the corner and think about transforming your predictably twisted and egocentric reaction to new/old ideas.
I am only thinking of you.
Most humbly,
Tomas de Canon - Cantor and Court Composer for The high Court of Schluct

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna

deoxy.org/mckenna.htm

Snow will reveal and strip away. - Schluctism

• Snow Bell
  • [Snow Bell]
More
22 Dec 2010 21:33 #216279 by Snow Bell
"For most of those to whom the experiences have been vouchsafed, their value is self-evident."
  - Aldous Huxley

McKenna can be some pretty heady stuff.  I read The Invisible Landscape some years ago and struggled with parts. Huxley's Doors of Perception may be a better place to start for the uninitiated.  I am reading his Perennial Philosophy right now.  That cat can scat.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doors_of_Perception

As water has no constant form, there are in mountians no constant conditions.  -The Art of Schulct

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
24 Dec 2010 22:24 - 24 Dec 2010 23:24 #216295 by BillyTheMountain
Replied by BillyTheMountain on topic Re: What's the deal?

So I believe that the REAL Alpental symbol is the eight petaled Edelwiess Flower and NOT the six pointed snowflake.
THAT SYMBOL is WRONG and ALL the Alpental Memoribilia is INCORRECT. EVERY ALPENTAL STICKER IS WRONG!!!
Here is some Edelwiess Flower History for you to be entertained by, as that is what I do best.

Meaning of the Name
"Edelweiss" comes from two German words. "Edel" means "nobility" and "weiss" is the German word for "white." The meaning of the name is probably what gave rise to edelweiss' traditional meaning in the Language of Flowers. The small white blossoms represent daring or noble courage. The association with courage may also have to do with the fact that obtaining edelweiss from mountain crags for a bouquet took skill and courage on the part of the flower gatherer.

Musical Significance
Many people know about the edelweiss flower because of the song, "Edelweiss," written by Richard Rogers and Oscar Hammerstein II for the musical "The Sound of Music," which had its Broadway premier in 1959. The song, sung by Captain von Trapp as well as by the von Trapp family singers, symbolizes the spirit of Austrian patriotism in the face of the 1939 Nazi invasion.

Historical Significance
The simplicity of the flower contrasts with the importance of some of its most ardent admirers. Among those are Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph, who ruled in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and his wife, the fashionable Empress Elizabeth. Kaiser Wilhelm I of Germany loved edelweiss, as did another notable 19th-century monarch, "Mad" King Ludwig of Bavaria.

Medicines and Flavorings
Edelweiss infusions have traditionally been used to cure various ailments including diphtheria and tuberculosis. Extracts and dried plant parts have been used in soaps and anti-aging skin creams. Plant parts may have been used historically to ward off evil and encourage love. Edelweiss has also been used to flavor beer and wine.
Merry Christ-mas,
BillyTheMountain

It's only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential, is invisible to the eye. - Antonie deSaint-Exupery

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
24 Dec 2010 23:05 #216296 by BillyTheMountain

I tried that already.  Every chair wants to speak for itself and no clear consensus emerges.

....at least I think that is what I remember happening.  There was also people talking and maybe a tree or two.  It was pretty clear at the time....

You got it.....but then you lost it because you began to think in terms of measurement and assumption and analysis.
Every chair wants to speak for itself and no clear consensus emerges.
Here you get the clear message and even perfectly describe it.

at least I think that is what I remember happening.
Here you become mind-controlled chattel and you blow it.

Western man wants to be stimulated and comforted by clear concise numbers and evidence.
QUESTION: Is your descent down a beautiful powder slope science, or a song?
BillyTheMountain

Snow can-can if anything can. - Schluctism

• BillyTheMountain
  • [BillyTheMountain]
More
25 Dec 2010 00:20 - 25 Dec 2010 01:06 #216297 by BillyTheMountain
Replied by BillyTheMountain on topic Re: What's the deal?

OK so the "A" in Alpental has a symbol in the center of it. My question is this.
WHY is the symbol on ALL THE ALPENTAL MEMORABILIA have a SIX pointed symbol? I assume it is a snowflake...

The six pointed snowflake is WRONG... Billy You bozo...the TRUE Alpental symbol is a Edelwiess Flower which as it turns out, is the symbol for the "alpine", cool! Well, here is more interesting connections with this concept.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leontopodium_alpinum

www.vincelewis.net/edelweiss.html

www.ngsprints.co.uk/Europe-Prints-Flora-...d./product_info.html

my.opera.com/Edelweiss.Bg/about/

So again
ALL THE ALPENTAL MEMORABILIA IS WRONG!!!
The REAL real really REAL...symbol in the Alpental "A" is NOT a six pointed snowflake. It is an Edelwiess Flower with 8, eight petals, this is the Austrian symbol for the "Alpine", as exemplified by my ORIGINAL MAP (in this thread) rendering every single Alpental sticker on the back of all those cars, on all those stupid TEE shirts, on all those stickers on your pack and your helmet and even on yours and mine precious (highly plastisized) ski's and snowboards... ...inaccurate.
So...one distinct question comes rushing into my mind...and that is:
WHY, WHEN did they and WHO changed the symbol???
In a white suit,
BillyTheMountain

I used to be snow white, but I drifted. - Mae West

More
25 Dec 2010 10:57 #216298 by haggis
Where is the "OFF " button?