| ||What is Turns All Year CD-ROM?|| |
|Turns All Year CD-ROM is a web site of Pacific Northwest backcountry skiing and snowboarding photos contained on a CD-ROM. It is designed to be viewed on a personal computer (Windows or Macintosh) using a standard internet browser. There are seven main sections in the web site, accessible by the seven buttons found across the top of many pages, such as this one. The sections are outlined below, and a complete site map is also available.|
Turns All Year CD-ROM contains photo galleries from year round backcountry skiing and snowboarding trips, mountain landscape photos, mountain panoramas, clickable maps, and slideshows (more about the CD-ROM). Turns All Year CD-ROM is not an electronic guide book for backcountry snowboarding and skiing; ski trip photo galleries typically do not include a complete route description or route map. The activities depicted on the CD-ROM are hazardous: please read the disclaimer.
| ||Main Sections of|
Turns All Year CD-ROM:
| CD-ROM Home Page: you are here.|
Tip: Bookmark this page!
Any page in the CD-ROM can be bookmarked in your internet browser, allowing easy access from your browser's bookmarks/favorites menu. Bookmarking pages is especially useful if you have installed the CD-ROM on your computer's hard drive.
| Ski Trip Photo Galleries|
This button leads to the main index page for this section, with various ways of accessing the 180 backcountry snowboarding and skiing trip photo galleries containing 3200 photos. Most of the galleries are from specific backcountry skiing and snowboarding trips and include a trip report. The photo galleries can be accessed by:
- Lists, with photo galleries sorted by general trip location, detailed trip location, month of trip, date of trip, or theme.
- Clickable Maps, both relief and topographic, containing "hot spots" leading to specific ski trip photo galleries.
- Searching, using keywords or phrases to filter through the ski trip photo galleries.
| CD-ROM Resources by Region|
Specialized indexes which pull together the resources on this CD-ROM for each of seven regions of the Washington and Oregon Cascades. Each index page in this section contains links to all CD-ROM resources for the region, including ski trip photo galleries, clickable maps, slideshows, wallpaper photos, and panoramas.
| Best of... Photos and Photo Galleries|
This section contains two types of collections: photo collections, and photo gallery collections.
- Best of... Backcountry Skiing and Snowboarding Photos: The best photos from the ski trip photo galleries have been compiled into twenty slideshow collections, based on themes such as "Teanaway Skiing", "Snowboarding", "Powder Skiing", and "Different". Each slideshow can be advanced manually or automatically, with different display intervals;
- Best of... Backcountry Skiing and Snowboarding Photo Galleries: Seventeen specialized indexes to the best of the ski trip photo galleries, based on themes such as "Bluebird Days", "Winter", "Mt. Rainier North", and "The Tough Season".
| Wallpaper Photos and Slideshows|
480 wallpaper-sized (1024x768 pixel) photos of backcountry telemark skiing, randonnee skiing, snowboarding, waxless ski touring, cross-country skiing, and Cascade mountain landscapes. The wallpaper photos are organized into 40 themed galleries, each with a thumbnails page linked to a sequence of full-sized photos with captions. The wallpaper photos in each gallery can also be displayed in automatic slideshows with different display intervals.
| Mountain Panoramas|
This section contains 53 panoramas of Pacific Northwest volcanoes and mountains. Most of the panoramas were taken on backcountry skiing trips and include extensive views of skiing and snowboarding terrain. The panoramas are extensively labeled, and the labels can be toggled on and off. The panoramas can be accessed from thumbnail index pages, and in many cases also from clickable maps.
- Mount Rainier panoramas: Twenty-four panoramas from all around Mount Rainier: north-, east-, south-, and west-side views, plus two Tatoosh Range panoramas;
- Cascade volcano panoramas: Eleven panoramas of Washington's other volcanoes, including Mount Baker, Glacier Peak, Goat Rocks, Mount Saint Helens, and Mount Adams;
- Washington mountain panoramas: Sixteen panoramas of mountain areas throughout the Washington Cascades, including the North Cascades, Mount Shuksan, the Twin Sisters Range, the Monte Cristo Range, the Snoqualmie Pass area, the North Fork Teanaway area and Stuart Range, and Chinook Pass;